Universal Night of the Full Moon (by SOULGAME INFORMATION CO LTD)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by DTK, Oct 20, 2017.

1. esty8nine

esty8nine Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    Is it difficult/challenging/ strategic/ or.and replayable like dream quest? Someone help me out

2. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    It’s addicting, but I find myself trying to setup the same kind of deck with each class. They are different but there are some strategies that just work better.

It has replay ability for sure. I think I played this game more than I did anything else this weekend.

Difficulty, when you die you can still load your save and start where you left off. But if your deck sucks or you have no health, you can still be trapped into just starting over.

I wouldn’t say it’s hard but I have been one turn killed the enemy’s first turn with 80 life. It’s the same build I used for my decks.

3. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    This is a really really good game. And even on lowest difficulty it's difficult. It would seem simple at first but enemies can be very destructive. The nice thing is that you can always start back where you left off. But as another poster mentioned, if you are at low health or have a bad deck, you'll be stuck. I think low health is the biggest challenge in this game. I've fought mages that use 10 cards in one turn by constantly using "attack 2, draw a card" over and over which was actually really annoying. But the game is very fun and you feel like you want to reach the end.

Only a couple of gripes. 1. The intro playing constantly at the beginning of the game needs to go - just start the game. The fact that you even have to hit "skip" is even more bothersome. 2. The game only saves after battles. If you open a lot of chests and buy a lot of goods, then fail a battle, you are where you were right after your previous battle before that. I guess it might be good for those that wish to redo everything they did before the last battle. I personally wish it would save mid-battle so you can quit whenever, and save after your purchases/events.

4. maxbrickem

maxbrickem Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2009
    hmm Solitarica is easily one of my favorite games. Might have to pick this up. thanks

5. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Solitarica is one of my favorite card games but I think I actually like this better. Feels a lot more RPG ish. There's a lot of customization and strategy. It's definitely a lot harder but it doesn't feel like despair in Solitarica when you keep drawing the wrong numbers over and over and over and finally lose.

6. sugimulm

sugimulm Well-Known Member

I can attest, game is polished and fun to play, sucked most of my time yesterday

7. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    Regardless of direct influences, I honestly am enjoying this far more than Dream Quest. Aside from the obvious differences in polish and graphics, the gameplay and branching story improve upon DQ in almost every way.

That’s not a slight on DQ, which was great for what it did. This just keeps me wanting more.

8. maxbrickem

Aug 25, 2009
    Thanks Law, more rpg ish is even better haha. RPGs are by far my favorite genre. gonna pick this up now.

9. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    No problem!

===

In other news, wow this game is hard! But so much fun. This is one of the few times I've really enjoyed a hard game even though I'm getting my butt kicked. I can see why they allow you to continue, if you reset each time it'd be crazy. In any case, right now I'm not confident I can reach the end of the game :eek: But still I can't stop playing..

I've already had to reset after being unable to beat the next enemy. I've tried Knight and Ranger class. Ranger is way more fun than the Knight but I got further using the Knight :\

10. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    Knight I beat first try. There is a pattern to use, think the Hunter fight. That should give you a good idea.

Ranger isn’t bad, it’s a lot of fun.

Nun can kiss my ***!

Not fun and sucky damage depending on your available cards.

11. maxbrickem

Aug 25, 2009
    having a blast so far! just finished first chapter...couple of questions. What's the max number of cards allowed in a deck? I'm guessing there is a max bc an inn asked me if i wanted to discard a card...second, if i miss out on a card at a shop in chapter 1 (bc it was too much) will I see it in future shops/chapters? Thanks in advance!

12. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    #32 L.Lawliet, Oct 24, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2017
    I noticed some things that should be fixed but I feel like the game won't be updated. Some things do stack while some things don't.

Poison stacks, dodge skills don't stack (you waste skills that dupe dodge chance cards).

Edit:

- There's a card that heals you but if it gets discarded in another way it heals 10 points. I used a full hand discard and it didn't heal anything.

-Double damage card doesn't work on some card effects that aren't direct attacks.

-There's a 4 damage per dropped card. Only does 4 damage no matter what. Tested with dropping all cards in hand and dropping cards (forced) when your hand is full.

It's really unfortunate all these skills don't work fully. You should be able to pull off awesome combos but I guess the game wasn't fully coded to handle them.

Probably the ceiling for your deck is unlimited or 99? The reason the shop asks for discard is actually so you can get rid of cards you don't want. This is essentially a deck building game. You should get rid of low attack cards that clog your deck. Or cards you found out that don't fit your play style. So getting rid of some of your cards is extremely important - I love it when I find a card removal shop! It's another one of my favorite parts of this game.

Shops are randomly generated with different random cards each time. You may see cards multiple times.

13. zeroex

zeroex Well-Known Member

May 20, 2014
    I'm having a lot of fun with nun. I love stacking prayer cards and hitting them hard in one turn.
    Got my ass kicked as mage. Just too frail and having to rely on mana is tough.

Agree that knight is the easiest (super easy to tank + heal).

14. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Because of all you lot I've done got gone and bought this only to add it to my 200+ game backlog!

15. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    We just moved to Seattle and started a new job from Missouri. Someone gave us a gaming PC.

This is the story of my life right now.

This game is worth it. Great for the bus.

16. maxbrickem

Aug 25, 2009
    Having a lot of fun, but wow this game is pretty challenging. I have only played one game, as a ranger, and I got stuck on the forest fairy boss level 10. Couldn't beat her and didn't have enough HP left. Some of these enemies are brutal w their deck. aheesh

17. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Yeah I'm slowly learning what to do in each run.

I think the best strategy overall is to buy as much health as you can afford, and balance that out with new card purchases. Health in my games has been the most important. I'm on my second Ranger run and I got a card that lets you get +2 permanent health if it's the finishing blow so I've been trying to use that card. I've probably gotten +12 health from it so far so not bad.

The monsters are all relentless in this game. They can draw like 7 cards in a turn and do 20-30 damage, it's crazy. One mid-level boss has a single fire card that does 25 damage with no restrictions. Wtf! And there's monsters that make it so you can't play at all for a turn. However all these cool effects add to the variety. I'm enjoying it immensely, my most played game this week. However I would not complain if they toned down the difficulty. I emailed them the bugs and posted on FB but as I expected, no response. Seems like those one and done game devs unfortunately.

18. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    I figured out how to rock the ai now and the game isn't as difficult mid and late game. You could still get screwed on RNG but get a ton of cards that allow you to draw more cards. Keep a smaller deck, around 20 cards. If you get a good draw, you can continuously draw and damage away.

19. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Although I haven't played this particular game, right there you have described the essence of a good deck building game. The challenge is getting to that point.

20. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    #40 L.Lawliet, Oct 25, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2017
    Ughh.. I'm stuck on the last Werewolf boss. His skills are not even fair. He regens 30% of his lost health every turn, blocks the first attack that does over 8 damage and reduces your damage and damages you every turn and a lot of other stuff. On top of that you have to pick a special condition on each turn - some even make it so you can't play any cards.

I have a really strong deck but there's no way I can beat him because he just keeps healing. He can do 40+ damage in one turn. It's ridiculous. How come I can't get a permanent heal every turn or block strong damage permanently like him?

Edit: Well I think I'll have to give up on this boss. He's way too OP. It's like someone asked what skills you could put on a character to make them invincible. This is ridiculous.

Don't get me wrong. The game as a whole is amazing. It's fun. I navigated my way around each challenge, but this final boss is probably the only thing I genuinely hate in the game. You have almost no chance to beat it. And with no shops or no way to edit your deck at the last boss, you're screwed. But I look at my deck and it looks pretty good tbh. I just don't see how I can deal that much damage to the boss before he heals again and makes the last 10 minutes of the battle worthless.

And the longer the battle is, the more advantage he has. The special event cards + his OP deck, some cards increase in damage the more he plays them. So if he gets that same card again it will keep adding +2 to damage. He also has damage doubling cards and invincibility for one turn cards, etc. Not to mention every turn he blocks one attack that is over 8 damage - which is another OP cheat, you lose more damage because he negates whatever massive attack you can throw at him. You generally won't have enough cards to make two massive attacks.

FYI the boss makes you pick a special event card every beginning of the turn (it's its own deck that refreshes after you've chosen all options) - they're all geared toward giving the boss a massive advantage. Only a couple cards help you. Some of the OP event cards include, drop 3 of your cards, lose your entire turn, AND the stupidest card ever HEAL THE BOSS FOR 90% OF HIS HP. You literally have to refresh your game over and over until you get this card the first turn so you can use it up. If you go through the deck twice and land on it again you're screwed.

Sadly this game was near perfect and one of the best card games on iOS in my opinion, until I hit this boss. Do they honestly think we're good enough to beat him just by chance? And you have no way of making a deck around him. Dumb.

/endrant