Universal Night of the Full Moon (by SOULGAME INFORMATION CO LTD)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by DTK, Oct 20, 2017.

1. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    I don’t get these “premium” games. I’m gonna pass.

D5426AFF-BD25-407C-A3A7-9A633BEAAEE3.jpeg

2. Unordinary

Unordinary Well-Known Member

May 15, 2018
    Male
    Amsterdam
    What don’t you get? It’s a great game, the add-ons added new cards, bosses and game modes and there is a discount if you buy them all at once. And none of them are needed if you just want to enjoy the base game.

Talbs and L.Lawliet like this.
  3. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I know what your saying and how it looks but like Unordinary said they are all extra content that has been added and isn’t needed to enjoy the game. I don’t think it’s bad to charge for that as I’m sure you wouldn’t.

I guess we all just get use to these free updates and looking at it from the outside without playing it, it looks bad when you don’t know what they are for.

But this along with Pirate Outlaws were my favourites of these Slay The Spire type games. But I probably actually spent longer on this one but I do keep meaning to get back into Pirate Outlaws with all the updates it keeps getting.

Talbs and L.Lawliet like this.
  4. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    The updates were added over time and until recently, the new characters / modes were added very frequently. I was glad to pay such a small price to get new content for a great game. The new characters and modes add a huge variety to gameplay and I'd buy more if they come.

Most of these games usually don't get new content but luckily this one does. Free is nice but charging a small price for them is quite fair.

Talbs and ste86uk like this.
  5. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    Yeah, that's probably it - "looking at it from the outside". I'm not familiar with the title so the amount felt off putting at first sight. Nevertheless, if this is StS clone, I could chip in. What should I buy then?

From what I’ve seen so far only The Red Hood Diary seems like a proper DLC with new game mode and cards and monsters. So I went for that right off the bat before I tried the game.

What those four separate characters give me in a term of investment? I guess I won’t be needing that Pumpkin Lamp and Memory Puzzle right from the start. So, should I go for more characters or is there something else I can’t live without?

btw, no Game Center? Facebook only?

ste86uk likes this.
  6. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I don’t have the puzzle or pumpkin either and the characters all have different play styles and cards so it changes how you play the game.

I guess I’d just play and complete it with the character you start with or more if you unlock more I can’t remember. Then if you like it enough I’m sure buying another class with a different play style will be worth it to you.

macplash likes this.
  7. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    This. (Also didn't buy the puzzle because wtf)

Try it and see if it hooks you like it did for many of us. If then, go buy new classes. Each class plays very differently, especially newer ones like Magician, Werewolf, Reaper. I guarantee you'll be like "wow". I just bought Reaper yesterday and she's so much fun. This game also has huge replay value, especially if you include the tons of difficulties that keep unlocking. I can gush about this game forever. I only hate the bugs (ask me to log into fb every time I open the app) and the ridiculous log in system but other than that it's a perfect game for me.

ste86uk and macplash like this.
  8. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    I don't recall what the Pumpkin Lamp was but sadly found out the Memory Puzzle stuff was COMPLETELY pointless. I mean if you like a basic jigsaw puzzle to make pictures of game characters, good for you, but it unlocks no new cards or anything to do with the main card game.

9. Ijipop

Ijipop Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2012
    Today’s update new game mode is fantastic.
    Just sayin’

10. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    It ain’t bad at all. It could’ve been it’s own game release I think.

I know it doesn’t resemble in all ways but this additional game mode reminds me a little of monster train.
    • Selecting minions and decided where on the board to position them
    • Said minions have two upgrade slots each
    • Each level/round has a boss
    I guess these are the main ones, and for lack of MT on mobile right now, this game mode kind of seems to be the closest thing for mine.

Ijipop likes this.
  11. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    I forgot to bump this thread a few days ago, but the new release I had been waiting for, for a very long time. They haven't updated in a while but now I know why. The mode is HUGE. Basically a brand new game with auto-chess. I tried it and it's really fun and gives you a great way to play autochess without having to reach for those other big name games (with massive download sizes).

There is one HUGE problem with the update. Now I can no longer play offline. I bought everything this game had to offer because it was the best of its kind that could be played anywhere. Now that it requires a connection to start up, I don't know if I want to keep putting money into the game anymore. I do honestly feel cheated since it was not like this before. I emailed them but as expected I got ignored.

Many people won't care about the online only change but to me it's a big deal since I always felt this was a "premium" type paid game release. Now it's starting to feel like I bought a console game that suddenly changed after I bought it and can only be played online. But if you ignore that issue, the quality is the best of the best and I still think NOTFM is the best deck builder on mobile. And now that it has a completely new genre inside with Auto-Chess, you're getting tons of content. And I still haven't unlocked everything from the first two original modes. This is one of those games I want to be able to play forever.

12. Ijipop

Ijipop Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2012
    I haven’t tested it a lot but seems like you can still play offline….

13. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Not sure how that's possible. Once you go offline it asks you to log in and there's no way to log in with Facebook / whatever social media etc that require internet connection. I hit local device login and that does nothing either. It basically pretends you logged out.

Unless you're referring to starting up the app then turning off the internet. That seems fine but imo that defeats the main purpose of being able to play offline.

14. ironsam80

ironsam80 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    The online requirement is a big off at the same that the new update, of this fantastic game, is a big on...
    It's not like the end of the world but I was so used to offline gaming with NOTFM for so many years that it feels strange...
    Other than data collecting or the antipiracy practice that a lot of companies doing with online checking constantly... is, like with all the other online games, that there will be a moment you could not play (airplane travelling, a spot at the country-side that your provider has no signal etc.)...

15. Ijipop

Ijipop Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2012
    Ho you’re right, my bad.
    It’s sad to say the least…