Universal NHL 2K (by 2K)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Oct 22, 2014.

1. TicTac

TicTac Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2011
    I would probably watch ice hockey if it's available where I'm from.

2. Ragn4rok 74

Ragn4rok 74 Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2014
    Yes there are.

3. Quazonk

Quazonk Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2011
    The problem is that it's not that GOOD. Hockey fans have literally been waiting years for a good solid hockey game on mobile, hopes were high for this to be it, and it isn't. I can't even play it on my 6 Plus due to touch detection. It somehow passed beta testing and went through to full release unplayable to anyone with a new phone.

4. nickels

nickels Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2008
    Male
    Product Designer/Mobile Game Developer
    PA, USA
    NHL 2k

2K Sports returns with a new game on the mobile device. Well, they are back and it is fun playing hockey on my iPad. Let's jump right to my biggest complaint - dumbed down controls. You have the puck and your options are to pass, shoot, or skate fast. No way to protect the puck and no deking buttons. However, the computer has no problem protecting the puck to keep it away from you or diving to break up a play, so there is hope that these controls can be added for the user in the future. Without the puck you can change players or hit one button that acts as both a check or a poke depending where you are in relation to the other player. Again, this is not the best in terms of having full control of your player. With the over simplified controls this game is like playing hockey games back in the 90s. I only hope that 2K continues to upgrade and support this title and makes the game more complex with more buttons or even the addition of a second analog stick. At least I am playing hockey on my iPad, but it isn't the greatest game ever made.

I have only played a few single player games as it just came out. I will update this once I get a few more games under my belt. Make sure you turn down the game speed to slow or it is way too fast.

This game does support WFI Controllers, so maybe that offers more control that the other modes lack. I do not have a controller so I am not sure if the controls are the same?

5. Quazonk

Mar 30, 2011
    So have we just accepted that a bunch of people paid 7-8 bucks for a game that is unplayable to any iPhone 6-6+ users that hasn't had an urgent update pushed through? The smdh factor with this game is off the charts.

6. bobbys

bobbys Member

Feb 27, 2010
    Updated rosters?

Anyone figure out how to downloaded updated rosters? The ones included are from mid-September or so. I thought one of the features was "live rosters"?

7. crazycan98

crazycan98 Active Member

Jun 28, 2011
    New update that fixes this for iPhone 6/6plus.
    For the first time getting to play it I must say it definitely has its shortcomings but it is so much better than 2k11. I can now say it's fun however I'd also try and wait for a sale, wouldn't consider it a premium game by any means.

8. schoolhouse spirits

schoolhouse spirits Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2013
    Thanks for the impressions^. I just upgraded to iPhone 6+ and Im on the fence about getting nhl. I think I'll wait for a sale...

9. Psac42

Psac42 Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2011
    Sale is here. Anyone recommend?

10. islesfan

islesfan Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2012
    Male
    Teacher
    Nevada
    I definitely recommend it! Sure, it isn't perfect, but it is the best mobile hockey game out there.

11. L0ck

L0ck Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2015
    Tempted. A fun little nhl title would suit me just fine.

12. Quazonk

Mar 30, 2011
    It's not bad, but it's just not the game we were all hoping for. Largely unchanged from the first one from 2011.

13. kordic

kordic Member

Aug 20, 2014
    So I am playing career mode as a player. How can I see who is leading my team in goals assists? These "player stats" are pointless fluff. How can I check the progress of my own player? I see a "player card" option and it looks like it might work, but if your player isn't one of the top 50 players in category you are SOL to even see his stats for the year. Pointless to even play.

14. And_75

And_75 Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2009
    L.A.
    This game crashes on title screen when asking if I want to enable iCloud save.
    I'm on 6S plus. Tried to delete and reinstall but it doesn't fix it.
    Anyone else with this problem?

15. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
    Works for me, I just played it today.

16. revolverblue85

revolverblue85 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2012
    Yep freezes on my 6s. Same spot.

17. luckystrikeguy

luckystrikeguy Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2013
    Well I guess it doesn't really matter but I guess this game got pulled. Not sure when but its gone. Sad that there's still not a good hockey game on iOS. This was a step in the right direction at least.
    Seems typical for 2k now a days anyway right ?

18. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
    I was hoping for a new hockey game but ..... terrible news