Ngmoco coming out with TouchPets Dogs (Approved)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by yourofl10, Feb 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beachmusic

beachmusic Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2009
    #81 beachmusic, Sep 10, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2009
    Well if you are thinking i'm 12 then lol to that coz i know you know in your heart of hearts that i don't sound like one ;) i'm an active community member of the xbox360 as well so i know what dlc can do if left unchecked does it make me cheap? Have heard me ever complain here about app pricing? Almost every game i bought today are priced at premium And i don't mind... But DLC aka microtransaction is a different animal ;) So please stop with the low blow and give me a valid argument... Btw i'm 25 and i have a goodpaying job!

2. TIMELESS

TIMELESS Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2009
    Has anyone heard anything else about touchpets and will we be paying too buy things for that game and for time. I cannot believe they are trying this in this economy. I do not believe people will do this for long. Depends on how greedy they get. I will pay full price for a will made game but, it is not the money. Its is the fact that i believe you buy a game you should get everything and not have too pay for it again.

3. SoCal_Sponger

SoCal_Sponger Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2009
    your grammar sounds like an 8 year old, you can't be 25

4. beachmusic

Jun 7, 2009
    #84 beachmusic, Sep 11, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2009
    Why thank you sir! I take that as a compliment :)

Coming from someone who said this 'atleast MW had online, thats the only reason people bought the game (plus it had a lot more features and content) ' You got great credibility right there lol!

5. beachmusic

Jun 7, 2009
    #85 beachmusic, Sep 11, 2009
    That is why i oppose 'microtransactions' so much! It will be easy for a developer to hold back content so that they can charge it as DLC. Take for example an FPS, without the prospect of microtransaction, a dev would've thrown in a 'submachine gun' as part of the full game but due to the prospect of earning extra cash the same dev may hold back in putting that 'submachine gun' and charge it for 99cc.

If you want a better idea of what ngmoco is attempting to do here is a video of the 3.0 keynote
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTp0XUrwjWE

6. TIMELESS

TIMELESS Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2009
    Thank you for the video link. They do this on Foopets. I do not like this. I thank you for your help and i do not think it is necersery for some too be nasty on this thread. This is why i had rather not have the social part and why i had rather play my games in single mode.

7. beachmusic

Jun 7, 2009
    Thanks too and welcome to TA :) To some members here being anonymously nasty on the internet is a premier gentleman's sport :D

8. CanadianGamer

CanadianGamer Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2009
    This app will be a hit... With kids 5 and under!

I think I'll stick with gameloft thank you very much.

9. STP_Tim

STP_Tim Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2009
    @Beachmusic: You do know that the only in-app purchases for Eliminate will be for energy (and possibly cosmetics). They already stated that any balance-affecting microtransactions are out of the question and were for demonstration purposes only.

10. STP_Tim

STP_Tim Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2009
    I'm quite look forward to this actually, and I can assure you I am far older than 5 ;)

11. Pug4Death

Pug4Death Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2009
    Wow, that statement goes to show how much you appreciate quality games over unpolished tech demos.

/sarcasm

Pathetic.

12. beachmusic

Jun 7, 2009
    We'll i sincerely hope so, I defended Ngmoco in the past but the notion of them heading the microtransaction revolution ( that of which the xbox 360 community fought so bravely) turned me into a cynic! Much as i love GL, i don't want them to completely dominate the appstore as they work best under the threat of competition.

13. Aurora

Aurora Well-Known Member

Sad to see so many people only consider games of shooting/war/fighting/racing/anything involving zombies or people's head getting cut off quality games. It's nice to have these kind of casual games for a change in my opinion.

14. julzsantana15

julzsantana15 Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    Michigan
    So what can you actually do in TouchPets besides customizing your dog and having PlayDates?

15. Slapshot

Slapshot Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2009
    I think there's some sort of news feed and it has its own career.

16. beachmusic

Jun 7, 2009
    #96 beachmusic, Sep 11, 2009
    The game is not even release, how can you call it 'quality game' . You obviously hate it when the device pumps up impressive Gameloft games..every dumb argument you make is against them.. you also said this in another thread ''To be honest, I laughed at right when he said that. The iPod Touch is nowhere in the leagues of the PSP and DS, it has just gained popularity because it was initially emphasized as a media player device; which has become an 'essential' to most consumers, and supposedly it can pull off some decent games and be the host for a numerous amount of utilitites and 'cool' applications- I mean tech demos now. The iPhone OS is nice, but personally, I believe it will never exceed my expectations of a portable gaming device''...you don't want to be proven wrong that the idevice can ever exceed your expectation right, so you greet every advances that the platform make with total bullshit... i been in disagreement with a lot of people here but in the end i also get to respect their opinion when they prove that they can at least respond intelligently.. You bud is just plain dumb...every post just annoyingly dumb! Every cliche about an uninformed gamer applies to you! I hope you finally get your PSPGO and post in the PSP forums instead ! I'm sorry i just got to get it off me! Anyone in disagreement just look at his post :eek: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?p=486930#post486930

17. jecebn

jecebn Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Kansas City, MO
    You do realize that's how everyone feels about you too, right?

18. beachmusic

Jun 7, 2009
    The last time i check your name is not everyone :D

19. jecebn

jecebn Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Kansas City, MO
    I feel confident speaking for the majority on this issue

20. beachmusic

Jun 7, 2009
    #100 beachmusic, Sep 11, 2009
    Ohhhh, @jecebn i remember we met at the minigore thread lol! I guess we did started off on the wrong foot :D Damn, and i've been warned not to mess with the minigore crowd, now i am at risk of being mob. I will not be a hypocrite and i must say that i battle with my own ghost in that thread and for that i apologize. I love minigore, in fact i gave it a 5 star review in itunes...just got pissed off waiting.