Ngmoco coming out with TouchPets Dogs (Approved)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by yourofl10, Feb 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. prissy5

prissy5 Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2009
    what about touchpets it should be submitted

Why are they not giving us anything on touchpets. There should be a release coming even sooner for touch pets.

2. kmacleod

kmacleod Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 1, 2009
    Artist / Writer / Designer
    California
    They have a video podcast they've been doing for a few months now, and they keep showing people playing Touch Pets and it looks almost done. However, there is one key phrase that someone said during one of the podcasts that I think answers the question about where the game is. They said something to the effect of "...and there are hundreds of different items you can use to interact with your pets", or something like that.

If I had to bet, I'd say coding hundreds of different items to work with all of the possible permutations of animal AI takes longer than you'd think, and might be the reason the game isn't out by now. I could be way off, but that is my guess.

3. prissy5

Jul 28, 2009
    So it could be two or three months out before we see this game even though they said it was very close.It has been almost 7 months so it could be november. Wow

4. kmacleod

kmacleod Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 1, 2009
    Artist / Writer / Designer
    California
    I'm still not thinking it is going to be that long. I'd be surprised if we don't see it by mid October. Then again, I'm actually surprised we haven't seen it already, so who knows...

5. 140000541

140000541 Member

Jun 10, 2009
    they did say spring 2009, so they probably had some errors and more things to add and do. i just hope they dont "nfsu" it

6. asbjoern

asbjoern Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2009
    Part of the Tactile Ent. team
    Copenhagen
    it is wierd that they don't just put the game out now and then add more items as updates

7. prissy5

Jul 28, 2009
    #67 prissy5, Sep 6, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2009
    I do not understand why they are keeping the guys up to date on the new livefire. There saying nothing about touchpets now. I thank they want everyone too get hyped up about touchpets like they or the other. Than they know they have a sell

8. AttackOfThePwned

AttackOfThePwned Well-Known Member

May 28, 2009
    Photographer
    San Francisco, CA
    The guys? I am a guy and I like seeing developers cater to all consumers rather than just the male side of gaming. C'mon now they have shown more of TouchPets than Eliminate. I also don't think TouchPets will sell well just to the female iPhone contingent as I see it selling much better than Eliminate at this point to all demographics.

BTW the "play date" feature will probably hook the lonely and single teenage boys in ;). Should be a big hit with couples and families too. It will have a pretty broad audience if they can get the online mechanic correct while keeping it fresh with things to do at the same time.

9. prissy5

Jul 28, 2009
    I hope your are right. I would love too see people get excited about something besides combat and blood.

10. prissy5

Jul 28, 2009
    Has anyone heard anything more about touchpets. Has it been submitted too Apple yet.

11. beachmusic

beachmusic Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2009
    This game will have DLC/ microtransactions in spades! I figure they are testing the system.Wait till they anounce that it's nearing submission then wait for a month more for it to be submitted then wait for the countdown that leads to the new trailer and a countdown that leads to another countdown then another countdown and finally it will be out.... Frankly i hope playfish beats them into releasing an iphone version of Pet society ;)

12. prissy5

Jul 28, 2009
    I aqree with you. They have been playing games for 8 months now with all of us. I hope someone beats them too the punch. It makes you almost not care anymore. But if someone beats them too the punch I will buy it not theres. They have done the same thing with livefire. Have you checked out there site and the countdown on it.

13. The Game Reaper

The Game Reaper Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    The Emerald Isle
    What is it with you and DLC?

14. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

How are they "playing games with us" by developing iPhone games? I really don't understand all the complainers going on about how ngmoco is someone wronging them by actually putting a layer of TLC on their games that few other developers do. Something tells me the same people who are up in arms over ngmoco taking so long to develop games would be the same people who would be equally up in arms if Touch Pets of Eliminate were released and they were half finished or buggy.

You can't have it both ways. ;)

15. sizzlakalonji

sizzlakalonji Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Apr 16, 2009
    Indiana, USA
    Did you see the screen name? Just sayin'.

16. prissy5

Jul 28, 2009
    I do not complain about the games unless they crash. Fine if they are working on the games i want it right. Stop saying coming soon or we will submit it very soon. Be honest and say it could be another month or 2 thats all.Very soon is not 2 or 3 months, and we need some more games for women there are plenty of games for the guys.

17. beachmusic

Jun 7, 2009
    Exactly! The way they hype their games is what i truly hate and besides what other games beside rolando and rolando 2 ( which was actually made by handcircus) did they have to show for? Ngmoco plays it like they are releasing the next installment of MGS, ever seen a movie teaser that says coming 2011 its pretty annoying!

18. beachmusic

Jun 7, 2009
    Let me ask you? Did you enjoy all the additional content we get via update? Take rolando 1 for example did you enjoy all the free levels ngmoco gave is without a dime more? Did you find it annoying or did any of you purchase the additional map in flickfishing? Didn't you wonder that this extra map is to much for 99cc when the actual game is just 99cc? How much is the lowest cash transaction in the appstore? If the charging model works for ngmoco don't you think other devs will follow their initiative? Well answer those question and lets talk again :)

19. jecebn

jecebn Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Kansas City, MO
    #79 jecebn, Sep 10, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2009
    How about you email ngmoco and ask them instead of writing annoying posts here

@beachmusic - you have got to be the cheapest person I have ever seen in my life - I'm guessing it's because you are 12 and depend on your parents to buy everything for you

20. beachmusic

Jun 7, 2009
    Well i guess she realize that posting here will be 100 times more effective than emailing them! The power of mass media! And why don't you tell that to every moaner on the gameloft games thread!