Ngmoco coming out with TouchPets Dogs (Approved)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by yourofl10, Feb 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. qasim

qasim Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2009
    USA
    Touch Pets: Dog Preview

Source: SlideToPlay

Cute stuff! :)

2. ShadowsFall

ShadowsFall Well-Known Member

May 15, 2009
    Summer job soon
    TA 09'
    Any news on the release date? I can't find it on the website. It was said on ign that it will be released on June 30, 2009, but I guess that wasn't it.

3. PeterM11

PeterM11 Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2008
    East Coast, USA
    I've been wondering.... are they going to make other games like Touch Pets: Cats and things too?

4. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

I hope ngmoco invites me over to take a dip in the olympic sized swimming pool of money this game is going to make.

Seriously though, when I got a demo of this game at the ngmoco press event at WWDC, all I could think of was how much this game is going to sell. Take the Nintendogs formula:

[​IMG]

Add in easy plugins for social networking sites, push alerts, internet multiplayer, and everything else they're doing which is just impossible to do on the DS and you get something like this:

[​IMG]

While I'm kind of undecided on how interested core gamers will be in a game like this, Touch Pets will have the same (if not much more) appeal as Pocket God to non-gamers and casual gamers. I don't even need to consult my magic 8 ball to know Touch Pets is going to live a long life on the top ten.

5. Shinto

Shinto Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2009
    Spain
    I usually play games and I am interested in the game if they do it the way it should be. the way it should be.

6. riciad

riciad Member

Jan 20, 2009
    Come on ngmoco, give us a hint when this will be out!

My grandchildren are driving me crazy with their oft repeated refrain, "Is the pet dog game out yet?"

Should never have shown them the screenshots a couple of months ago.

7. PeterM11

Sep 7, 2008
    East Coast, USA
    Does anyone know how many dogs there will be? Will it only be the ones shown in the video?? Cause I'd love to have a Husky. And I still wonder if theyre gonna make more Touch Pets games with stuff like Cats.

8. swigo8

swigo8 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2008
    Pocket God island (NYC)
    this game looks really cute, and looks like a good way to kill time! im very excited for its release, when is that?

9. mjmoco

mjmoco Well-Known Member

May 20, 2009
    San Francisco
    ngmoshow 04: playdate

We talk Touch Pets social features on the latest ngmoshow.

YouTube / ngmoshow

10. PeterM11

Sep 7, 2008
    East Coast, USA
    I like the look of the interface for the game. Now I just wanna know when it's coming out!!! :)
    This and the NGMOFPS are top on my Most Wanted list right now.

11. prissy5

prissy5 Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2009
    #51 prissy5, Aug 21, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2009
    Does anyone know what the release date is for touch pets. I cannot wait this is really cute.Has it gone too apple yet for review.

12. prissy5

Jul 28, 2009
    This is going to be a great game its on my list too buy.

13. Gizmoe

Gizmoe Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2009
    Student
    Texas...(not really)
    yep..ive been waiting for this game also..:)

14. yournothere

yournothere Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2009
    these ngmoshows are stupid. I didnt watch the latest one but, All they do you say the same things they have said before. Just tell us when the games will be released!!!

15. prissy5

Jul 28, 2009
    touchpets is suppose to be submitted soon. Does anyone know how soon. If we will even see it this in September.

16. prissy5

Jul 28, 2009
    Hey guys maybe if we made more noise and get more people talking about touchpets so they do know we what it, They would atleast give us a idea of where they are. If they are finished with it. Summer is almost over we are coming into fall.

17. PeterM11

Sep 7, 2008
    East Coast, USA
    I have a feeling that it MIGHT be released during the event on the 9th. It would make sense. They released Star Defense during the 3.0 event. We can only hope.

18. prissy5

Jul 28, 2009
    I hope you are right. I also hope it works on the 2 gen ipod also not just the new one that are going too have. I have not even had mine a year.

19. PeterM11

Sep 7, 2008
    East Coast, USA
    Oh no. It would definitely work with the current devices. They only have those to develop on at the moment anyways, but that would also be terrible for them because a ton of people would hate them for it if they didn't support older devices. That's been proven before with other devs and games.

20. prissy5

Jul 28, 2009
    Thank you so much for answering. They seem to be slow on getting the good games out. The ones we want the most it seems.