Ngmoco coming out with TouchPets Dogs (Approved)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by yourofl10, Feb 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Retean

Retean Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2009
    Using your logic video games period are pointless. Whats the point of playing Tower defense games? Its never like your really out there assigning defenses to your "fort"

Its just something fun....no one said this is the alternative to buying a real dog. Whats wrong with having both?

2. xVietx

xVietx Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2009
    Oklahoma, USA
    Yes but there's a difference. You can have a dog in real life. You can't build towers with machine guns, missiles, and magical elements to fight monsters, bugs, robots, and others in real life. You can't suit up and go fight aliens or face another person in a death match and you can't go and grab an m16 and fight in a war(i guess you could but there's a chance of being killed). There's many things in video games that are very appealing because of the fact that everyone wants to do them but it's just not possible in real life. This game is so it's not appealing in my mind. And this is just my opinion. There's no point in anyone having to think or believe the way I do.

3. Retean

Retean Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2009
    And there are aspects in the game that arent available to everyone. Not everyone can train their pet to pounce on balls and become a firefighter or scientist. And why is this only for people without pets? Just look at the sims. People love makin virtual humans...whats wrong with dogs. My main point is if this kind of gameplay doesnt appeal to you why even post in the thread? Thats like if i hate TD games and post how stupid Defenders Chronicles is purely because I dont like those style of games.

4. xVietx

xVietx Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2009
    Oklahoma, USA
    Why are you taking this so seriously? I already stated that this is just my own opinion and nobody has to think this way. It's just how I think and no one else in the entire world thinks the exact same way as me so just calm down. I won't even bother to say anything more since it'll just cause further argument. I have nothing against you. I just think our views differ. No hard feelings.

5. Retean

Retean Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2009
    you still dont get the point :p

6. xVietx

xVietx Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2009
    Oklahoma, USA
    No, you don't get the point if you're stilltrying to drag this out.

7. AttackOfThePwned

AttackOfThePwned Well-Known Member

May 28, 2009
    Photographer
    San Francisco, CA
    I'll just put this out there, anyone remember Sea Monkeys? I remember as a kid how excited I was just to get that small plastic aquarium home from K-Mart to start feeding a small underwater kingdom of Sea Monkeys. When those creatures started to show up fluttering around the water I couldn't believe it! Of course they looked nothing like the picture and my hopes were ultimately dashed when my dad said "Those are just shrimp." Heart broken...I was...(not really but that adds to the story).

Point being people love pets whether they are real or fake. We like to take care of things, it is human nature.

Some people will dig this and some won't. Just like any other game.

8. Retean

Retean Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2009
    My point is if you dont like virtual pet sims why would you post in a thread about one? Its pointless. There wouldnt be anything to drag out. Im gunna go post in defenders chronicles about how it sucks because i dont like TDs lol. Quit hating on games just because you can. Its annoying and counter productive.

9. xVietx

xVietx Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2009
    Oklahoma, USA
    Which is what I tried telling Retean. That people have their own opinions. This is a great game, I'm sure and a lot of people will love it and all but it's just not for me and that's all I said. I wasn't trying to force anyone to believe what I did so what's wrong with me voicing my opinion?

10. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Well-Known Member

May 4, 2009
    Looks very interesting, I like the "Sims" like elements that gives the dog more personality :)

11. Retean

Retean Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2009
    So your saying you can post your opinion but when i post comments about your opinions which are basically my opinions im wrong? Why am i not allowed to talk about what someone said about the game? I wasnt aware i was being rude or coming off as angry. I was simply saying that even though YOU feel that its pointless since you can have a real dog that there are many instances where that argument is simply wrong. Am i not allowed to do that?

12. xVietx

xVietx Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2009
    Oklahoma, USA
    Did we not just discuss this Retean? *Sigh* And this is the person who was complaining about still talking to him. Some people these days don't even make sense and don't know what they're talking about.

Anyways, the game looks good. As I said before, I wouldn't buy it though. My sister has several Nintendogs games and a pet game for the iPod Touch also. It didn't do much for me although I know this appeals to a lot of people. I guess I'll just wait until it gets released and someone can prove me wrong. I'm almost certain that my sister will be buying this game though so I might give it a shot and if I find it enjoyable, I'll gladly take what I said back. Overall, it's coming along well and the graphics look great.

13. Retean

Retean Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2009
    The difference between this game and the other pet dog sims is that this one you actually do stuff. You train your pet...If 2 people have the game you can send your pets back and forth to each others ipod for pet dates. Pets can have careers and the game utilizes the touch screen with caring for your pet and the accelerometer for playing with it.

I dont understand why people keep comparing this to nintendogs tho. I dont think that will be released on ipod :p

Lets keep the post coming so this thread can stay on the top :p

and why is vietx tryin to insult me? I thought you didnt wanna have a discussion with me? Jesus its just the internet i didnt mean to make you angry lol

14. xVietx

xVietx Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2009
    Oklahoma, USA
    Lol Retean. Your post cracked me up. The situation is completely opposite of what you said. Hahaha. :D

This was supposed to be due for a Spring 2009 release date? Wow. I wonder what happened if it's still not released this late. :confused:

15. Retean

Retean Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2009
    last video i saw said summer...as did someone i believe on last page....their website says coming soon so im hoping its sometime this month.

And i thought you werent responding to me anymore?

16. xVietx

xVietx Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2009
    Oklahoma, USA
    Maybe you haven't noticed but that's impossible to do since we're having a conversation about the game that this thread is about. It's no problem that you didn't catch it.

Originally, it was planned for a Spring 2009 release.

17. mofard

mofard Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2009
    #37 mofard, Jun 14, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2009
    Looks like a ripoff of nintendogs to me, bad graphics too. And people are comparing it to nintendogs because this app is copying what nintendogs does, career, training, trading other dogs with other people just like in the ds version.
    The only thing it needs now is voice recognized commands like the ds version so when you say sit or lie down the dog responds, then the game will become a complete copy.
    Is it just me or does ngmoco love porting successful games from other consoles on to the iPhone? Rolando - locoroco, touchpets - nintendogs

18. mofard

mofard Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2009
    I highly doubt people actually want to go to war in real life lol

19. Retean

Retean Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2009
    #39 Retean, Jun 14, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2009
    Well you went out of your way to pm me to say you didnt want to talk to me but yet here you are still talkin to me :p

and yes it was originally scheduled for spring release but if you follow this link

http://toucharcade.com/2009/06/08/ngmoco-shows-off-touch-pets-discusses-iphone-3g-s/

to the lastest feature on it you will see it was changed to summer :)

EDIT:
    everything in the app store is a ripoff of something. Point being how can you compare this to a game on a different console? You should be comparing it to the other pet sims that are already on the ipod like ihusky which totally blows it out of the water. And what about the people who wanted to try nintendogs but it was 2 expensive or they didnt have a ds? poor mans alternative right here and that is the definition of gaming on the ipod :p

20. Retean

Retean Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2009
    whoops dp =( so ummm

hurray for touch pets :p