iPad NFS vs. Fastlane

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TMAC34, May 6, 2009.

?

Is Fastlane or NFS better?

1. Fastlane Street Racing

18.0%
  2. Need For Speed: Undercover

82.0%
  1. TMAC34

TMAC34 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2008
    New York
    #1 TMAC34, May 6, 2009
    Last edited: May 6, 2009
    Fastlane is my all-time favorite iPhone game and I was wondering how NFS compares to it. I don't really feel like going through 37 pages of posts in the NFS thread. So whatya think? (don't post if you don't have both).

2. jchampl

jchampl Well-Known Member

#2 jchampl, May 6, 2009
    Last edited: May 6, 2009
    they are both good. I'm not convinced the game is 9.99 worthy however it is a not a let down either. I enjoyed getting fastlane for 1.99 and I might be partial to it because of the price, however nfs has real cars which makes a racing game much more fun. sorry I can't be of more help. but the graphics of nfs are great, if graphics on fastlane aren't enough you will love nfs.

3. TR3S

TR3S Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2008
    Student
    Florida
    NFSU has better graphics and the cut scenes from the game. fastlane seems so arcade like and basic.

4. glowAndy

glowAndy Well-Known Member

honestly- fast-lane is a racing game, whereas nfs is more an action game based around racing

but i do highly recommend reading the 37 pages of posts, its not quite joules verne but its pretty good

5. GaiaIllusion

GaiaIllusion Well-Known Member

May 6, 2009
    Student
    加拿大
    My first impressions of NFSU blew my mind because the controls were so easy to understand and it puts you into the game immediately.
    It may be a steeper price, but it's definitely worth it.

6. Carlos-Sz

Carlos-Sz Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2008
    There are lot of qualities in Fastlane. There's no doubt about it.

But I didn't like it after playing it awhile: too much sharp turns that you were suppose to make running like crazy (or the opponents would simply fly away). In addition, some of the lanes were hard to read, specially running at 250 Km or more. It become frustrating very soon for me.

NFSU is an arcade racing game with a defined theme and everything (cars, lanes, modes, story, customization, sounds, music) is well implemented and according to the game style.

My vote goes to NFSU.

7. CDubby94

CDubby94 Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2009
    Betty White
    A little bit biased since NFS has so much hype and talk going around about it?

NFS for me.

8. sjleworthy

sjleworthy Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2008
    3D & Architectural Artist
    Cardiff, Wales, UK
    agreed.

one's an action game and the other's more a simulation.

9. CandyNJ66

CandyNJ66 Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2009
    Writer
    I didn't like Fast lane all that much. NFS is a blast and I Love it. For me there is nothing to compare.

NFS all the way

10. YungAssassin_BHB

YungAssassin_BHB Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2009
  11. supg328911

supg328911 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    pro ping pong player!!!!
    USA BABY
    thats exactly how i was gonna say it...

12. Stoney Mason

Stoney Mason Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2009
    Well said truthfully.

13. Rexinator

Rexinator Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    I have never played nfs so my opinion doesn't really matter but I would get fastlane then 8 more 99c games. Yes I am a cheapo I value quantity over quality a lot of the time but you just can't argue with the fact that you couuld get 9 games for the price of nfs.

14. TMAC34

TMAC34 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2008
    New York
    Any other opinions? I'm kinda getting the feeling that not everyone here gave fastlane a fair chance. You have to play it a lot and you will get better. At first it seems really difficult but as you get better and unlock cars it becomes easier. I thought fastlane was impossible when I first got it but I kept playing, unlocked all the cars, and now I have completed everything except a few tracks in arcade perfection. It just sounds like fastlane is being way underrated by some. It is a great game controls and graphics. Give it another chance. Idk I guess nfs could be that good haha.

15. inferi22

inferi22 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2009
    i gave fastlane a fair chance but it lost

16. TMAC34

TMAC34 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2008
    New York
    in that case if everyone feels so strongly of nfs than I might pick it up. But ten bucks : ( so many other games coming out n it will basically make my iTunes card have $11 less on it : (

17. Stoney Mason

Stoney Mason Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2009

For a casual audience NFS is the game they are more likely to like imo. It's easier. It looks nice. It has a lot of cars. Nice production values. If your a more hardcore racer I think you probably like fastlane more or are looking more towards Real Racing from Firemint.

I wrote my impressions of need for speed on another site yesterday that I'll post over here but it still comes down to Fastlane is more of a racing game and Need for Speed is fun game that captures the fun of a racing game without really being a technical racing game that most gamers are use to.

18. TheZimm

TheZimm Member

Apr 22, 2009
    #18 TheZimm, May 7, 2009
    Last edited: May 7, 2009
    NFS's controls are much better IMO. I say that the graphics are better, and you can actually get real cars =].

I definitely gave fastlane a fair chance. I unlocked every car, and I think (can't remember but I'm pretty sure I had to to unlock every car) I beat every race. I played on hard.

I do have both and used to only play fastlane, but now that's off my phone and NFS is on =].

Zimm

19. yourofl10

yourofl10 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    I have Fast Lane, not NFS but I voted NFS cause it looks awsome:cool:

20. ixBilalxi

ixBilalxi Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2009
    Fremont, Ca Bay Area
    Fastlane. No one here is up for a real racing game. They just want stuff on rails with super easy controls.

there is virtually no skill progression in nfs. just upgrade cars to take out better opponents.

In fastlane you can beat the whole game with the slowest car. And every car has a unique and different feel.

NFS is just like a movie. Fun ride for the time it takes but no replay value.

TMAC i think your more like me. So i suggest getting it if you just want something fun. It in no way compares to skill level and accuracy of fastlane.