NFS Submitted???

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by thepretender, Apr 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hkiphone

hkiphone Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2008
    Hahaha, pls forgive me, but I found this thread so funny to see some members get so excited about this game, and then thrown into the pit of dissappointment. :) Quite entertaining really!
    But to contribute something more meaningful, I once was eager to try NFS but now couldn't care less since Real Racing's video has shown some progress. I will take that over NFS, principally because the emphasis on driving skills and competitive video uploads on Cloudcell attract me more than pure speed racing and crashes. I doubt that EA would invest resources into developing beyond that tried and tested market. At most, they probably spent the past few months polishing up the presentation.
    I hope I'm wrong, as the EA and NFS brand will undoubtedly bring in more punters to the App Store, but Real Racing is where my money will go.

2. theone1007

theone1007 Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    USA
    I have been. Those other release dates were all rumors except for maybe one where Craig directly said that it was going to be released in November. That was the only release date and that's it. This is Craig speaking about the pre-3.0 release and if you haven't noticed, 3.0 is not that far away. Again, I'm saying this game will still be released either April or May. I don't think they'll delay it any further because of competition (Real Racing).

3. spamboy

spamboy Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2008
    I'm gonna wait. Real Racing (obviously) looks superior, but NFS still is fun. And as much as I bitched about it not being submitted and promised that I would never buy it, I'm gonna end up picking one of the two up anyways.

4. emb531

emb531 Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2008
    Well, "need for speed: undercover" is showing up in the auto-complete in iTunes....not that this really proves anything as shown by Car Jack Streets...never really cared about this game either way though.

5. nuggetsman28

nuggetsman28 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2009
    charlotte
    wow it means its at least been submitted!!:eek:

6. ksl2006

ksl2006 Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2009
    Gamer
    Planet Earth
    or is it because of the soundtrack?

7. nuggetsman28

nuggetsman28 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2009
    charlotte
    nvm its another crap app called need for speed...*sigh*....

8. defaude

defaude Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    This means nothing!! It stands for the original score of the PC/console game which is buyable as audio ;)

9. schplurg

schplurg Well-Known Member

Hah! No it doesn't...follow search a little and see where it takes you...Fast and Furious page, where NFS is mentioned in the description. Som songs, etc. Nothing that says the game has been submitted. False alarm I'm afraid.

10. chukwuka13

chukwuka13 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2009
    i no, i was about to correct you but it looks like someone bet me to it

11. DaveMc99

DaveMc99 Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2009
    Seattle, WA USA
  12. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Only reason I'm still holding out hope for NFS is cause it might be more fun (no autosteer of course) than Real Racing which is leaning towards sim territory. I hate freaking sim racers on consoles, and on a cell phone that's even worse. I want to have fun not have my supposed souped up racer handle like a boat, Gran Turismo style.:mad:

13. Sainter

Sainter Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    From EA's PR:

We should have a few games launching next week! I can’t of course say which ones those are yet.

Seeing I was expecting this in September it is a welcomed surpise. Imagine the amount of income Apple will get if this and Real Racing come out on the same day

14. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Thanks for presenting solid info, Sainter:D

15. Crypton

Crypton Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2009
    Germany
    I had so many dissapointments with ea and prices; if NFS is interesting, I will and can wait for a sale. Luckily racers aren't my type of games anyhow, but sometimes a quick race isn't that bad either.

16. Mythbuster

Mythbuster Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2008
    Journalist
    In the middle of nowhere
    Yep, I agree. But who knows, perhaps it is the truth and it comes in May ... ;)

17. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    I must be semi dyslexic as every time I see the initials NFS I confuse it with the phrase NSFW...which usually has nothing to do with racing. :eek:

18. TheZimm

TheZimm Member

Apr 22, 2009
    I think it's beacause EA is a bit more reliable, and therefore is probably not going to write a hack.

Zimm

19. yourofl10

yourofl10 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    No......apple knows that:

EA = big $$$

20. THEDeliriumTrigger

THEDeliriumTrigger Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2008
    Quote:

Undercover uses the accelerometer for steering. To accelerate, you tip the device forward. However, you don't need to tip it too far for hit the gas, something I was concerned about. Too many iPhone games ask you to physically tilt the phone away from your face. Steering left and right via tilting the phone was very responsive.

From the EA website, this officially made my day! Everyone who has worried about auto-accel can worry no longer