NFL 2010 by Gameloft

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Sainter, Aug 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. walkyl9

walkyl9 Active Member

May 17, 2009
    I'm hoping EA makes NHL 10 for the iPhone. Anyone know if there working on it?

2. Slapshot

Slapshot Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2009
    No. EA has to make everything innovative such as controls and graphics. They hate d-pads. :/ We'd have more of a chance with Gameloft.

3. TMAC34

TMAC34 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2008
    New York
    Who else besides me will wait for this AND Madden to come out to have them compared and then decide between them? I know I am. I only need one game on my iPhone in the category of each different sport.

4. ricky

ricky Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2008
    I will! i just looked at the screenshots and it looks like every team has the same style stadium, just with different team logos decorating it... bit of a turn of, but gameplay will be key

btw, real soccer > x2 football :)

5. Big Albie

Big Albie Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    Casual gamer/marketing dude
    San Francisco, California
    It won't matter for me since I will review them as they come out. It is the burden I bare :(

6. Slapshot

Jun 12, 2009
    Aw, well, you're not obligated too! :)

7. ricky

ricky Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2008
    haha thanks albinator! i'm a huge fan, love your reviews and wait for them before i buy games!

8. sf49lu

sf49lu Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    Sylvania, OH
    Do you have to purchase all the games, or do all the devs give you promo codes because of your distinguished reviews?

9. Big Albie

Big Albie Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    Casual gamer/marketing dude
    San Francisco, California
    I don't generally get promo codes. I will say that every game you see a review for under AlbieOne on iTunes has either been purchased by me or provided via promo code with the majority funded by the Big Albie trust fund :rolleyes:

10. Slapshot

Jun 12, 2009

Hilarious! :D

11. spiffyone

spiffyone Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2008
    I was surprised too.

It's not only for home consoles. EA has the exclusive rights to the NFL and NFLPA license for video games across a variety of segments of the game industry. Home console, PC, and portable game systems (DS, PSP).

But...apparently...their license doesn't extend to the mobile market (of which iPhone/touch is part).

See why that distinction I always make proves not only accurate, but also better for all of us? :p

Seriously though...what a friggin' loophole, and what a coup for Gameloft.

And, might I be so overt as to laugh my ass off at EA?

Yes...yes I think I shall.

See, while not a huge fan of the NFL, I was a pretty big fan of the NFL2K series from Visual Concepts (formerly part of Sega, now part of Take 2 Interactive under the name 2K Games). And I lamented the fact that both the NFL and EA got together with that exclusive agreement. It was not to the benefit of us gamers.

Now...a bit of comeuppance for EA.

lol

12. AttackOfThePwned

AttackOfThePwned Well-Known Member

May 28, 2009
    Photographer
    San Francisco, CA
    That is something I did not know, Albie. Glad to hear the majority of your reviews are for apps you have personally purchased instead of some of the reviewers off YouTube who seem to get them free for their "glowing" reviews.

Back to topic, I will definitely wait for both to come out and then decide. Obviously Gameloft will price their game around EA's Madden 10 which will probably be $9.99. Gameloft will want to recoup that licensing money back so I can see a $9.99-$6.99 initial price. I wonder if either will have franchise/career modes? Obviously there will be season modes as they both can't be so stupid as to leave that out.

13. theone1007

theone1007 Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    USA
    Big Albie, sir, you buy a lot of games. I wish I had as much money as you :D

Love your reviews even though I only read the rating part. They're really, really long.

14. spiffyone

Dec 7, 2008
    BTW, all nice that Gameloft is making an NFL game, but, again I ask:

Gameloft, where in the hell is Derek Jeter Pro Baseball for iPhone/touch?

C'mon now. I'm a New Yorker. I understand that the rest of the country apparently prefers football for some reason which I can't understand (cue "it's more fair, boo hoo the wealthier teams in baseball always win, blah blah blah"), but over here we'd trample over Eli Manning just to get a better look at Jeter. Hell, even the Mets fans would do that. And even us Yank fans would still trample Manning to say "'sup" to D.Wright of the Mets. It's a baseball town, what can I say?

Regardless...Gameloft needs to hurry up with that game. You and the Cap'n can make it happen. :D

15. TMAC34

TMAC34 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2008
    New York
    You got it man! Correctomundo!

16. AttackOfThePwned

AttackOfThePwned Well-Known Member

May 28, 2009
    Photographer
    San Francisco, CA
    Why not try Baseball Slugger? No Jeter but you can make a slugger named Jeter and you should be right at home watching all the home runs that fly out of BBS Stadium. ;) Just like New York.

17. MunkieSuthorn

MunkieSuthorn Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2009
    IT Manager
    Connecticut, USA
    I think there might be one or two Giant/Jet fans that would disagree with that statement.

But, me, I am a proud member of the RaiderNation, and I am looking to do on the iPhone what Mr. Davis seems to have forgotten.

Just Win Baby! :)

Anyhow, I am glad that EA is going to have some competition, it is always better for the consumer.

Munkie!

18. spiffyone

Dec 7, 2008
    No...they really wouldn't.

Again, I'm not a big fan of NFL, but I know big NFL fans over here. Huge dyed in the wool fans. Those fans? Bigger fans of the Yanks or (*snickers) Los Mets.

It's the same deal in Mass. Go to a Patriots game and you'll undoubtedly hear more chatter about their beloved BoSox than the team on the field tossin' the pigskin.

19. conman_16

conman_16 Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2009
    Roseville, CA, USA
    Gameloft has the NFL license?? Hahaha I have a feeling those lawyers ea has to look over the NFL exlcusive contract are gonna be needing a job pretty soon...
    If u get my drift.

But yai need some football on my iPhone 3gs! Wouldn't it b awesome of a dev used the extra power of the 3gs to make a football game with graphics to rival the psp? I would just show that to all my friends who have psps and say iPhones r a waste of $.... Just be like "what now??!" haha

20. MrDark

MrDark Well-Known Member

May 3, 2009
    sweet dude, Gameloft's games usually solid and convincing.

again they did another amazing work.

only thing you need to know: gameloft is a 99 cents logo, just give it 4+ months time, their games usually drop to 99 cents like most of popular games did.

:cool: well let me wait then.