NFL 2010 by Gameloft

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Sainter, Aug 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sizzlakalonji

sizzlakalonji Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Apr 16, 2009
    Indiana, USA
    Playoffs are going to be tough...Pats have golden boy back, Bills have the T.O. honeymoon season before he implodes the entire organization, Jets have golden boy junior. Not to mention the Colts, Steelers, Ravens, Titans...

2. sf49lu

sf49lu Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    Sylvania, OH
    Bush is coming in to the season with some serious question marks. He is very injury prone, reports are his knee is swelling up after microfracture surgery, and of course, the ever looming presense of pierre thoms, who definitely earned himself a bigger role in the offense with his running as well as receiving capabilities last season down the stretch. Bush can play 3rd downs and slot but he won't be the one ending up with the most carries by season end.

3. walsh06

walsh06 Well-Known Member

So you knew last year that in week 1 Brady would accidently break his knee. Suuuuuurrreee.........

4. ricky

ricky Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2008
    agree 100%

5. sizzlakalonji

sizzlakalonji Moderator

Apr 16, 2009
    Indiana, USA
    Injuries are a part of the game. Any one of the backs we're talking about, including brown, could have a career-ender at any time. It's part of the NFL.

6. walkyl9

walkyl9 Active Member

May 17, 2009
    With a healthy Tom Brady, then yes that would be a delusion. I just don't see how you can say Brown is a top 5 back.

7. walsh06

You didn't answer the question. What happened was luck or unluck for the pats but that's just it. No one could predict it.

8. theone1007

theone1007 Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    USA
    Your reasoning is a little off. Let's Golf and Asphalt came out long before NFS and Tiger Woods. EA has months to improve the games, and improve they did. If EA released a game before and Gameloft was creating the same idea, I would go with Gameloft. EA needs some work in the "getting games out" department.

9. sizzlakalonji

sizzlakalonji Moderator

Apr 16, 2009
    Indiana, USA
    I can say it because it's true. He was the number 2 pick in the draft, and other than an injury season has been rock solid. As a matter of fact when he had his injury (week 9 mind you) he was the leading running back in the NFL. He is now two years removed and extremely confident. He'll be top 5.

10. sizzlakalonji

sizzlakalonji Moderator

Apr 16, 2009
    Indiana, USA
    I'm saying exactly that. The NFL is unpredictable. Nobody can say anything right now with assurance...it's fun to speculate though.

11. MunkieSuthorn

MunkieSuthorn Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2009
    IT Manager
    Connecticut, USA
    Things such as...

Team Management
    Season to Season Franchise Play
    Trading
    Draft
    Injuries
    Intelligent AI for other teams Mgt

etc...

Will make or not make a game for me.

Let see which one comes hard to the table.

Munkie!

And yes, I am suprised that GameLoft nudged on the EA NFL License. I suppose EA only locked it up for consoles?

12. sf49lu

sf49lu Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    Sylvania, OH
    Dang the more I think about it, the more confidence that i have that he will be great this year. 2 years removed from ACL injury, reduced presense of Ricky Williams, and glowing reports from the Miami coaching staff. Just watch and enjoy

13. walkyl9

walkyl9 Active Member

May 17, 2009
    #73 walkyl9, Aug 4, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2009
    You seem to be doing a lot of predicting.

But with the likes of Peterson, Turner, Johnson, Forte, Jones-Drew, Jacobs, Jackson, Westbrook, Barber, Kevin Smith, Portis, Slaton, Gore, and Tomlinson, it just doesn't seem likely that Brown is in the top 5.

14. walsh06

I would put money on it that he won't. This thread should be pinned so we can check at the end of the season. Ill list better backs.

Burner, AP, LT (don't say anything), chris Johnson, forte, slaton, Westbrook, jones drew and portis.

And to whoever said something about having a rookie season like forte well that's wrong. It should be a season like AP

15. theone1007

theone1007 Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    USA
    AP, LT, and Forte are amazing. So is Westbrook although I'm not a big fan of the Eagles.

16. sf49lu

sf49lu Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    Sylvania, OH
    Yes these are important things. The most important things is AI intelligence. For example, the game would be really boring if your blockers just cleared wide open holes for you every time. It would also be boring if they fell on their asses every play. If gameloft can also make the AI so that the ability of a player in real life really shows in the ability of the player in the game, then that would be great. Players like chris johnson should noticeably run faster in the game than a player, say, lendale white. Other stats such as accuracy, etc., should also play a big role. In other words, the game should have the depth of the console version, and not just have players that play the same, just with different names.

17. walsh06

And fantasy draft. One of my favourite features in all sports games. Which is coming to NHL 10 this year :)

18. sf49lu

sf49lu Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    Sylvania, OH
    I said to watch out for players like Knowshon Moreno and Shonne Greene because they could slip into the top 5 like Forte did last year.

19. walsh06

sorry if you thought I was having a go. I was just saying that AP had some season. And 3tds (I think) and pro bowl MVP.

But your right forte is class and was my second favourite rookie behind matt :) he was really under rated.

20. Slapshot

Slapshot Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2009
    I'm so freaking excited for this.:eek: Gameloft should make an NHL game just like this! It'd work great. Can't wait for release! :D