Next Iphone to hit in July?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Zarile3, Mar 25, 2009.

1. Zarile3

Zarile3 Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
  2. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    1 year seems kinda soon. I mean, wouldn't apple want people's contracts to expire first so that they could buy the new one?

3. Underoath777

Underoath777 Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2008
    L-Dot, Ontario
    Yeah, but also many people would buy the new one if it is way better than the last one. And by buying a new one your contract gets more years added (in Canada, im not sure about the states).
    People are always looking for better things and if there is a better iphone they will sure get it

4. Desert Fox

Desert Fox Member

Mar 18, 2009
    Student
    Texas
    Didn't apple release the 2nd gen iPhone one year after the 1st one came out? I wouldn't be surprised if apple released a 3rd gen iPhone with OS 3.0

5. brewstermax

brewstermax Well-Known Member

Ok. People. Apple does these things. Every year, around the same time, every Apple device gets its own little upgrade. The iPhone happens in June at WWDC, and iPod happen in September, at the iPod Music Event. 2nd Tuesday of the month everytime, too.

6. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Everyday I learn more and more :eek:

7. iKoda

iKoda Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Student
    Can't apple release A new iPhone and new iPod Touch at the same time so they both have the same gaming capabilities. I mean if the new iPhone comes out and after a few months the new iPod Touch will come out with maybe faster internet and gaming capabilities because of those months.

8. hkiphone

hkiphone Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2008
    dunn about it being the 2nd Tuesday of the month, but definitely Tuesdays. Why? There was a specific reason for it when they interviewed Phil Shiller after the last Macworld, and it's because you get the most publicity from journalists willing to travel to the announcements on a workday rather than weekends affecting their personal time! Or something like that... Can't remember the actual phrase try used.

9. BATTLE BORN

BATTLE BORN Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2008
    Las Vegas, NV
    #9 BATTLE BORN, Mar 26, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2009
    I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a new version. my original iphone (non JB) has been a little buggy lately. (probably because it's packed with apps).

I'll slide the bar to answer a call, and it'll just freeze. sometimes it will continue to vibrate even after the call was lost. sometimes if I'm lucky I can press the home button after it freezes and it'll let me talk. very lame stuff...

while the 3G is tempting, I couldn't really justify the upgrade before. especially now that the apple rumor mill is buzzing. If a new version comes out with some significant improvements, I'll probably nab one. Hope it's soon though

does anybody know when OS 3.0 is supposed to go live?
    EDIT: "summer" nevermind...

10. teagan1000000

teagan1000000 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2008
    i got a touch 2nd gen but i want a cell phone because im gonna b driving soon,
    maby i will sell my touch and get the new iphone

11. brewstermax

brewstermax Well-Known Member

It is 2nd Tuesdays. I'm unsure of the reason for that, but look at past events. 2nd Tuesday, and WWDC (aka new iPhone announcement) is on the 9th of June. Coincidence? I think not.

12. THEDeliriumTrigger

THEDeliriumTrigger Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2008
    This is a sort of old article, i saw it w few weeks back. The iphone rear plate photo looks real, and i actually really like it, if true. There wont be a front facing camera, ridiculous. Adding the ability to make video calls would just shorten the battery life, and they are already having problems with that. Plus, the extra cost of doing that would just make consumers less willing to buy.

I hope for a similar style, but that back plate looks good. I also hope for a solar panel behind the screen that i posted a thread on, that would be incredibly exciting and an instant buy for me. It would also show Apple's determination to make their products revolutionary to another degree, eco friendly, and user friendly.

13. GatorDeb

GatorDeb Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2009
    Las Vegas, NV, USA
    Do you think Sprint will EVER get the iPhone?

14. THEDeliriumTrigger

Dec 4, 2008
    No, sprint sucks lol. (I have it, as soon as im 18 im done with it)

Verizion is looking to though.

15. GatorDeb

GatorDeb Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2009
    Las Vegas, NV, USA
    Well I get 500 anyime minutes, unlimited texting, unlimited web, 7p-7am nights, free nights and weekends, all for $30 a month. I don't want to leave the plan so I got the Touch.

16. THEDeliriumTrigger

Dec 4, 2008
    Same here. Ill be getting a sidekick, not an iphone, so i can still keep a cheap plan. I just hate dealing with sprint, its ridiculous how bad their customer service is