Universal NEXOMON - An epic monster capture adventure

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Nexomon_Official, Aug 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    So you can grind out gold if you got stuck for nexotraps? How are they healed does it have free healing like a rest spot or anything?

Do status effects increase catch chances or just health? Like sleep and paralyse ect if you have those.

2. Ch3st3r

Ch3st3r Active Member

Jun 14, 2017
    Germany
    And any other Languages too? Maybe german?

3. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    Just adding this for if anyone wants to reply what they think on it, but my first experiences of monster catching games that I can remember were back on the original game boy with Pokemon red and blue. I don't think on iOS yet anyone has managed to recreate the things that made that stand out to me.

Story and gameplay sure games can get that right, but along with that and the excitement of finding really rare monsters or something I'd been wanting to catch for ages it was the fact I could pick any of my Pokémon and make them the strongest Pokémon there is through my move choices and just because it seemed like any of them could be the best, I'd have games where I made haunter my main or marowak just to change things up from the starting 3 and legendaries.

I don't like that on all games now it seems to be that only certain pre defined choices will be the best choices. Also because of the fact I could level up any of my Pokémon it made player trading fun because I could have worked on something that someone really wanted and vice versa, I also liked that some Pokemon only evolved when traded along with meeting certain criteria.

All of that along with battling friends made it so memorable to me. I know I'd played something else back then but for the life of me I can't remember what it was called. Everyone has their own take on things but for me it's where Pokémon go sold itself short no Pokémon is special it's all min/max chance and time nothing to do really with choices and effort. It could have been so much more instead of everyone just having the same set of Pokémon because those are the best and without battling being a tbs it takes away from it massively, I really don't understand why they chose not to include tbs battles it can't be that hard to program given the cash they had to produce the game.

4. Nexomon_Official

Nexomon_Official Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2017
    yes, you collect coins from battle to buy more nexotraps.
    yup, there are free healing spots.
    There are status effects, but these dont have an impact on the catch rate (it's a good idea though).

5. Nexomon_Official

Aug 4, 2017
    Yes, german will be supported at launch :)

6. dbagga84

dbagga84 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2013
    Yeh I know the old Pokémon games factored in status effects in catch rates. It just makes sense. If a monster is put to sleep or paralyzed then it escaping a trap would naturally be much more difficult for it. Maybe in an update later on if enough people ask for it?

7. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    That's where I got the idea I use to get them to low health and then give a status effect like that to increase my chances.

It does just add another tactical layer but I understand with the game so close to release it may be hard to add.

8. Nexomon_Official

Aug 4, 2017
    We will consider it for an update :)

9. Ch3st3r

Ch3st3r Active Member

Jun 14, 2017
    Germany
    Yes perfect!! :D

10. Robbie1350

Robbie1350 Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2014
    USA
    Is this game gonna come out sometime today?

11. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    I don't see the game on the forum roundup, are you manually launching at midnight for a certain country?

Any idea what the download file size is? I start work at 10 UK time so unless it's out before that I'll have to wait until tomorrow.

12. dbagga84

May 22, 2013
    Hopefully it drops soon, cat quest did and they said the 10th too and it's 11 am pacific time on the 9th ;) but I know it's not early because they said the date was locked in at apple so . Which country is it tomorrow already? Lol

13. Nexomon_Official

Aug 4, 2017
    Well technically it should be available at midnight. Apple handles the release so we are not entirely sure exactly at what time.

14. Nexomon_Official

Aug 4, 2017
    It has a locked date and set to automatic. Apple handles the launch so we are not sure exactly at what time, but it should be there tomorrow for sure :)

The game should be available worldwide! :D

As for the file size, it should be around 800 mb (lots of monsters and animations).

15. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    My last one before launch sorry, does it have any cloud saving or anything at all? Just wondering if I should play on my iPad or iPhone or if I can do both.

16. Nexomon_Official

Aug 4, 2017
    It supports icloud :)

17. dbagga84

May 22, 2013
    I think the game releases at midnight in whatever country the developer submitted it from. So wherever you guys are based when it's midnight there the game should come out

18. Nexomon_Official

Aug 4, 2017
    In any case, we can't wait! so much hype! :)

19. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    Not out in the UK yet but should be as it's now 1am usually everything hits us at 12

20. Zeillusion

Zeillusion Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2013
    THREE more hours! Get your wallets ready boys.

About to chow down on some KFC, play a few matches of splatoon, enjoy an episode of T.V & than Nexomon is all mine!

Gotta catch em all ladies & gents.

HYPE.