Newest iPhone Games Feed

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and News' started by mek, Sep 11, 2008.

1. mek

mek Well-Known Member

I just heard about the "Newest iPhone Games" Column from another Forum member, had no idea that it was there, and it is awesome

two questions, is there a specific RSS feed or some way to get this information, like a www.toucharcade.com/newreleases.html page that we can visit (so you still get advertising revenue)

if that isn't possible, could it be shifted up like above the "recent reviews" (near the top; below the "follow on twitter" graphic and rss feed thing)

thank you so much for what you do arn

50HellsofPain likes this.
  2. arn

arn Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 19, 2008
    ya, I'm working on more robust solution. rss feed. etc...

but ya, for now, that's where it is, which isn't an ideal location. It should be pretty up to date though. more so than other feeds.

arn

3. mek

mek Well-Known Member

its still awesome

how difficult would it be to lay it all out in a grid format (colums and rows, like itunes 8), and put it up as a .htm file and a link to it right next to the Submit button under the logo

or would that require manual updating of that .htm file
    i know if it was like that i would probably be refreshing it constantly...maybe that is a bad thing for your serverload...-haha...

i normally read through the reviews first, then visit the forums
    i like the format, but now that i have seen this i am more addicted to the site -haha

4. arn

arn Administrator

Apr 19, 2008
    I'll see what I can do... :)

arn

5. BrettArchibald

BrettArchibald Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Male
    Self-employed interactive designer.
    Formerly Zimbabwe - now England.
    At the moment, these links only work on my computer - they don't work when viewed on the iPhone.
    Should they?
    Can they be made to do so?

Cheers.

6. arn

arn Administrator

Apr 19, 2008
    Hmm...

they used to. I wonder if 2.1 changed it. It's not just our links. I couldn't click through from other links on the iPhone either.

arn

7. arn

arn Administrator

Apr 19, 2008
  8. Rocketman919

Rocketman919 Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    thanks for this arn. BTW the button for this is on the right hand side near the top

9. mek

mek Well-Known Member

10. dudehuge

dudehuge Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2008
    Good job arn, also put it on top of your navi bar with Home, Forums, Submit, New Apps.

11. personaestudio

Aug 18, 2008
    Studio Head
    Singapore
    Very interesting, one bug, more likely on Apple's side, I have a game which was submitted to Apple on the 22nd and just got approve well, on the 29th and it seems it is not a new app. What I did was left the release date as the default (e.g. 22nd). I suspect some games are slipping through the cracks because of this as well :confused: Any comments?

12. 1337brian

1337brian Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2008
    In My Head
    I Believe So

Arn I think since 2.1 the links no longer work on the iphone to the app store.
    I noticed this the other day. I was using feedburner rss feeds before I found out about this site. I now use this site and can't wait untill you guys add a price drop feed, to the site. BTW this was my first post! thanks for the awesome site!

13. rifflesby

rifflesby New Member

Jan 23, 2009
    I love this feature, and use it constantly to keep track of what new games have appeared, but it seems like it doesn't have enough slots for listings... new games are appearing in the app store really quickly, and if I don't check the list often enough, stuff drops off the bottom and I miss hearing about it.

Could the list be lengthened, to maybe twice the current size? Or, if you could maybe store the announcements for say 3-4 days or even a week, and paginate it by day, that would be truly awesome.