Newest Games and Price Drops sidebar section

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and News' started by HardcoreEricXXX, Dec 21, 2011.

1. HardcoreEricXXX

HardcoreEricXXX Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Virginia
    My activity here has mostly involved just browsing the main page stories for the past year (or more), with very minimal forum activity. The one thing I have noticed the most is the Newest Games and Price Drops sidebar section. It always seems to be clogged with games that no one really cares about. I'm sure it grabs data from AppShopper. So I'm wondering why doesn't it just highlight price changes and new-to-store for popular games. I understand the need for change, but with so many games, popular games with a price change are bumped off the list in a matter of minutes.
    Just a suggestion, but would appreciate why TouchArcade (a site that focuses on the best games available) allows games with aboslutely no popularity to be highlighted there.

2. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    The best reason I can think of is that it encourages people to find the less popular games which actually deserve some recognition. Considering visibility is the App Store developers biggest problem, we kinda need someone to spot those hidden gems and bring them to attention. Most of it is garbage, but every so often there's a nice surprise.