iPad New X-Plane submitted to Apple

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by dannys95, Feb 26, 2009.

1. dannys95

dannys95 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2008
    Earth
    #1 dannys95, Feb 26, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2009
    Austin did a whoops on an email to me but he told me I could post it. X-Plane Racing is submitted (well tonight it's being submitted). What he say:

Want more? How about screenshots? They are attached. Enjoy. :)

UPDATE:

More info from Austin
    underneath in new post:

Attached Files:

2. jawslover

jawslover Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
    JERICHO, KS
    awesome! multiplayer!!

3. spyker3292

spyker3292 Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Ugh, I haven't really liked all these different X-Planes coming out (I just want free updates after I paid $10 for the standard X-Plane!) but I *might* have to get this one. Hopefully it's $5.

4. dannys95

Sep 29, 2008
    Earth
    More info:

5. dannys95

Sep 29, 2008
    Earth
    I thought more people would be excited. The news was on the home page a bit ago so a confirmation it was submitted and screenshots; I thought it would excite people.

6. yourofl10

yourofl10 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    Sounds Sweet cant wait (I might just have to pick it up)

7. Oliver

Oliver Well-Known Member

(rant ;) )

I'm not that excited. The reason is, that the whole iPhone X-Plane-series looks like testing what the people want to have and testing, on how to build it. But since development costs time and money, they create different kinds of X-Plane to finance the development. That's fine, but I don't wanna pay for every little step. That's like Bootant showing of "games" with their upgraded graphics engine and then finally releasing the first "real" game (Crazy Tanks) after letting us pay for a bunch of small "games".

I'm sure, that we will see other different X-Plane variants coming in spring and summer and they will offer less simulation, but more "game". And in autumn/winter, there will be a new X-Plane version for the new iPhone offered, which as a conclusion offers a real combat flight simulator, merging everything into one product, what they learned from their customers and technically.

8. sjleworthy

sjleworthy Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2008
    3D & Architectural Artist
    Cardiff, Wales, UK
    whatever, i'll be buying it :)

9. dominator

dominator Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Posted and translated here www.ipodtutofast.com by me

It sound awesome, totally awesome
    i cant' wait

10. Brendonian

Brendonian Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2008
    I can't wait. All of these apps are simply amazing.

11. mek

mek Well-Known Member

I am so so about x-plane now

this

means he will always add the features, but any new planes or cars..or regions, will most likely be in a new app? for more money
    so its almost better to wait

12. theishkid

theishkid Well-Known Member

Wow I couldn't be further from excited about this one. I have all 4 of the other xplanes... but this one just doesn't seem (by description and pictures) to cut it. How do you make a racing xplane without putting in the red bull racers? Or even a GEE BEE (didn't those use to race?).

13. tosui

tosui Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Toronto, Canada
    I have yet to purchase any of the X-Plane games (*hangs head in shame*) but when Extreme came out, I was really really tempted. Now, on the page for it Austin has tempted us with possible updates of the XB-70 Valkyrie and the X-15 - man, it doesn't get more "experimental" than these planes!! I'm all in if this is true!!!

dannys95 - I have a favour to ask, on behalf of all Canadian fans of X-Plane (and probably many other people). Can you suggest to Austin the possibility of adding the famous (and controversial) CF-105 Avro Arrow? (For those who don't know, this was, perhaps, the most advanced fighter ever made in the 1950s, and was scrapped by the Canadian government before it went into production, for apparently no reason at all! It still stings Canadian aviation fans!)

Anyway, just an idea - but for other Canucks on this forum (or anyone), feel free to add support to this idea if you like it. Maybe Austin will let the Arrow fly after all?

14. dannys95

Sep 29, 2008
    Earth
    i emailed him but i have no special relationship or anything with him. just a normal x-plane user.

15. dannys95

Sep 29, 2008
    Earth
    keyword="free" update

entirely new planes and stuff will prob. be new apps as always but these apps r really worth it

16. adin

adin Well-Known Member

I'm really hoping for the mother of all x-planes, the x-29...and I'd love to see the STOVL version of the JSF/F-35 as well..

17. tosui

tosui Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Toronto, Canada
    Good call on the X-29! That was a really cool plane, but it seems like all of its advancements have ended up in the F-22 (feel free to correct me if I'm totally off base on this). Made me think of a Harrier - imagine landing it on a carrier!

Man, this soo brings me back to my childhood (where I flew these planes all the time, in my sad and lonely imaginary world!). I should just purchase Extreme already.

18. Chang3r

Chang3r Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2008
    wow all i can say is this sounds awsome. i brought the original xplane and then held off on the next few, but sounds right up my ally (i love the old war planes). i'll pick this one up for sure. great work to austin keep up the great work and great support or all the xplane apps.

19. dannys95

Sep 29, 2008
    Earth
    He said he would consider it cause it looked cool.

20. dannys95

Sep 29, 2008
    Earth
    He has a new project going to be submitted with luck next week.
    He said he would give me details and maybe screenshots when it's submitted. Hopefully he let's me post it here