iPad new word puzzle - magic words arcanum

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by claire59, Nov 5, 2008.

1. claire59

claire59 New Member

Oct 27, 2008
    this game looks interesting...
    anyone tried it yet? if so, would like to hear the comment
    Magic Words Arcanum

2. vaelsh

vaelsh Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Rexburg, ID
    I have heard about it, but I have not played it... though it does look interesting. ;)

3. davidhenry114

davidhenry114 Active Member

Nov 4, 2008
    Likewise. I have been interested in it for a week or so now, but haven't bought it either. It would be great to hear anyone's impressions.

4. ficbot

ficbot Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2008
    There is a 'lite' version now for free. I tried it and it played fine and everything, but it felt similar to Fire Words, which I already have and like, so I am not sure I would pay for it. The difference is that when you use a letter, that space turns lighter, and you can't clear the board until all the spaces turn light. It was a fine game, just a little late to the party, and for me, I have other ones I enjoy. I am not seeing what this one really adds to the mix.

5. auric

auric New Member

Feb 3, 2009
    The lite version was offline for a short while, but now seems to be available again. Latest version seems to have added ability to drop gems onto the letters for better scoring, and a new ranking system. I'm still trying to get to "Arcane Grandmaster" rank it's kind of a surrogate for Bookworm :D