New Tripple A games delayed do to iPhone 5?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by liquidmutiny, Jul 30, 2012.

1. liquidmutiny

liquidmutiny Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Are thenew triple A games delayed because of the upcoming iPhone 5? Why the slowdown in major game releases? Nothing big from EA since Mass Effect, Nothing from Epic Games, are they waiting for the new hardware?

2. Dirty Harry Hannahan

Dirty Harry Hannahan Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2011
    Planet Earth
    Probably a marketing ploy to help generate sales for the game. Whatever game that may be.

3. TapMad_D

TapMad_D Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2010
    gaming
    HongKong
    that makes sense. new device+new features+AAA, generates a bigger boost on sales.
    actually, my friends are also waiting for iphone 5. it's normal.

4. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    Well, summer has been typically a dead period for Big console game releases; I wouldn't be surprised if companies like EA aren't simply following the same formula with iOS gaming.

5. ToySoldier

ToySoldier Well-Known Member

Aug 16, 2011
    In the summer, fewer people are in their homes, in front of their TVs. With mobile, those things live in your pocket so releasing in summer might not be as big of deal. Jury is still out on that and I think you see a lot of studios following tradition.

Holding off for the iPhone 5 would make sense. You have this awesome new device people are already excited for. When you tell people about the new game, you want to make sure they know a game will be on the new device.