New to the forum...

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by dominicreeves, Feb 19, 2009.

1. dominicreeves

dominicreeves Member

Feb 12, 2009
    Director
    London, UK
    ...and I just wanted to say Hi!

I've been reading a number of really interesting threads, and hope to contribute from time to time. I'm a marketing and finance guy, with quite a number of iPhone/iPod touch projects underway, so always looking to meet new developers, and anyone with fresh insights. Actually, one question that came to mind recently, was whether there is much action taking place around the purchase of applications that have already been available on iTunes, with the developer looking to eject/cash-out a little?

For sure, there would be some hurdles to clear, but nothing impossible I think. Has anyone had any experience with making a sale, or having been approached?

Anyway, that was a bigger first-post than I expected to write....I could have kept it shorter ;)

So, thanks for the forum, I'm looking forward to being an active part, and stop by to say hello, anytime.

With best wishes
    Dominic

2. Lukearcade22

Lukearcade22 Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    Student/Young Video Game Developer
    United Kingdom
    Hey,

welcome to the forums mate :D

3. kuler51

kuler51 Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2009
    Hey. Good luck with the developing. It's a dog eat dog world out there in the appstore. :p
    it is a good idea to use this forum and others to promote your game. It gets more attention than letting it sit there where no one looks at it. It is guaranteed to get you a few more sales:D

keep me updated on your apps. i would be interested to see them. I hope one day that I can buy a mac and become a good dev although i am only in high school right now.

Have fun!

4. JaSoN L

JaSoN L Member

Jan 1, 2009
    Wooo!

Welcome the the best forums ever!!