New to Developing. Quick Question.

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by Vinny554, Apr 2, 2009.

1. Vinny554

Vinny554 Well-Known Member

I was just wondering where a good place to learn coding is. Whenever my friend actually gets the download working, we want to start making. I know, we're going to start small and work up, but where's a good place to start?

2. Kris Jones

Kris Jones Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2009
    Producer/Publisher/Designer of Mobile Games
    America
    Try Schneck Studios. Watch their videos.

3. Phil_Synowiec

Phil_Synowiec Well-Known Member

The Apress Books they are like $20 online $40 in store

4. grid

grid Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2009
    iPhone Game Dev
    Minneapolis, MN
  5. WellSpentYouth

WellSpentYouth Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2009
    iPhone programmer
    App Tech Studios, USA
    DUDE!!!! Andrew Schenk is a great guy! he gives solid information that is (correct) fundamental and that is a great foundation! This is what I would do with internet sources:
    watch/read them. Test out what they say, if it works, than it is a good source, if it doesn't work, it is probably not the best source. Don't be wary, if you are, then you might miss a ton of good stuff! Just test what they say and see if it works. Good luck :p

6. Schenk Studios

Schenk Studios Well-Known Member

You can never go wrong with the Apple docs, and they always have the final word on the subject. If you're finding that material too dense, then there are plenty of alternatives. I'd recommend reading through RCloudSoftwares series over at tenfingersclub.

http://www.tenfingersclub.com/2009/03/12/rcode-iphone-sdk-tutorials/

and if you're a more visual learner there are of course some screencasts on our website. I think the link is in my signature.