New studio hiring!

Discussion in 'Developer Services and Trade' started by drunknbass, May 22, 2009.

1. drunknbass

drunknbass Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2008
    New studio looking for game devs! Based in Los Angeles ca. Work on small 3-8 man team on site fulltime. Cool boss(me) and fun work environent.

Looking for devs who want to work on iPhone and other console games (DSi, Wii, xbox360)

we will prob use unity and torque primarily but also have in house engines also, so we are open to all skillsets (c, c++, c#, obj-c, etc)
    Email [email protected] for more info.

2. not a programmer but highly interested to be an intern. Possible?

3. drunknbass

Nov 8, 2008
    Sure! If you have a desire to make games and do this kind of stuff I'd be glad to bring in interns who want real 1st hand experience. Email me.

4. Great! I'll contact you later for more details. I'm young, but extremely driven and motivated.

5. HouseTreeRobot

HouseTreeRobot Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2008
    Living.
    UK
    Are you an authorised wii or 360 developer?

6. drunknbass

Nov 8, 2008
    we have Wii and DSi sdk coming. XBOX 360 will be next.
    We also use mojoSDK (palm pre)

7. BeyondtheTech

BeyondtheTech Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2008
    Desktop Support Engineer
    New Jersey
    I'm interested. I bought the iTGB Indie not too long ago and working hard on understanding it and making my first game.

8. Haephestos

Haephestos Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2008
    Damn! If only I lived in LA!

9. drunknbass

Nov 8, 2008
    I didnt live in la till i moved here to work at this company last summer. I did live in orange county before which is only about 65 miles away, but the rest of my co workers have migrated from other states.

10. iSaga

iSaga Active Member

Apr 24, 2009
    I'd love this job, if only I had more experience in developing. I do have graphic design experience though so let me know if you ever want to bring a graphic designer on board.

11. cool mr croc

cool mr croc Active Member

May 27, 2009
    dont spose youd be interested in taking on a 28 yr old british computer games software engineering student for a years work placement? always get consistent 70%+ grades, extensive c++ , OO, optimising, interest in iphone development. i can work for cheap and used to working very hard over long hours.

12. drunknbass

Nov 8, 2008
    if you want to spend the summer in LA shoot mean email we'll discuss it!

13. cool mr croc

cool mr croc Active Member

May 27, 2009
    id love to. ill email you my details along with a cv and port folio tomorrow.

by the way after i wrote that post i went to a drum n bass night and got drunk, so if that isnt a sign i dont know what is :D

14. drunknbass

Nov 8, 2008
    nice.. you are one of the few to know what the name means lol..its not bass guitar or bass fishing lol.. i guess you have to be from uk to know what dnb is.

15. khangtoh

khangtoh Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Co-Founder/IPhone Dev @ LeftRight Studios
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Where are you located? What sort of position are you looking for?

We're a new gaming studio that we're considering getting an intern for the summer

16. TouchChatterbox

TouchChatterbox Well-Known Member

May 21, 2009
    I'm in Australia but would happily relocate anywhere an opportunity presented itself. Highly creative, longtime gamer and excellent language skills. Also from a film background (have written, directed and produced an indie feature fillm set in WW2).

17. drunknbass

Nov 8, 2008
    like i said.. this is a new studio but it is funded by an already successful iphone game company. The reason for this studio was to focus on higher quality console quality games. We also will be doing stuff on consoles. Xbox sdk is on its way. :D
    We are looking for people who live, or want to relocate to Los Angeles, ca.
    We will still take portfolios for contractors, but as of now we are not far enough along on a project to need any.

18. TouchChatterbox

TouchChatterbox Well-Known Member

May 21, 2009
    #18 TouchChatterbox, Jun 7, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2009
    As I said, very happy to relocate - and not because this is California. I wouldn't care if it was Sticksville, Tenessee or Siberia. I've got a solid work ethic & a drive for working in such a creative & dynamic field.

Please say what you require me to submit to you & I'll shoot it through on email later today. I can be very useful with game/level design, graphic design/UI, copy generation for documentation/websites, marketing, web design & will immerse myself into learning code too. Previously, I've written in Turbo Pascal, QuickBASIC (gooo me! :p), Visual Basic and a bit of C/C++. Have practical experience with teaching VB/QuickBASIC at high school to students plus on programming camps.

I also have ideas I would very happily bring to the table both high concept and niche.

19. drunknbass

Nov 8, 2008
    try out a unity or torque demo and see if you like it, since you will probably spend the most time in these apps.
    programming is nice, but quick learners are nicer since most of this stuff isnt very hard to pick up. It is hard to try and each someone to have good sense of direction and artistic style though, which is why sometimes a resume and prior experience is secondary to what that individual can really contribute to the "bigger picture" :D.