New Stick Figure Animation App!

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by stickitaction, Jun 17, 2009.

1. Musicrocks182

Musicrocks182 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2008
    Well worth .99c the controls need some fine tuning though.

4/5 till i see an update.

2. Indiania

Indiania Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2009
    Thanks for the code! I think this is a fun app. I like the different backrounds and objects. The stop action movie playback works very well. I would add a tutorial to this, so you can show (instead of just tell) what the different options do. For instance, if you leave the firing sequence button on, you can't move your stick figures. Some people may think the game is broken and not know that is the problem. A visual tutorial with an example film would really show people how much this app and your imagination can do. I'm really enjoying this app and at .99 this is a steal. When I showed it to someone else it was 20 minutes and a film later till I got my phone back! I like the developer support. I'm looking forward to more updates. I would recommend more backgrounds and objects (ie soda cans for the background that has a soda machine). I also like the idea someone suggested of being able to draw objects. I think this is a lot of fun and highly recommend picking this one up. Leaving a review on iTunes now.

3. 1337brian

1337brian Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2008
    In My Head
    #63 1337brian, Aug 20, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2009
    The update is here!!! And man it's awesome!!!! And my number one complaint, the icon, is sweet! Thanks to the dev's for taking suggestions and fixing a few of the original shortcomings, can't wait to sit down and get some good hands on time tonight... Full review tomorrow... :D:D:D

What's new

- Bug fixes. The zoom bug is fixed as well as the shadow frames issue.
    - Sound effects! Choose from more than 40 sound effects for your animation.
    - Onion Skinning. See the previous position of your stick or object after snapshot.
    - Rotate weapons and objects! Touch the center of an object/weapon and, with another finger anywhere on the screen, move it up or down to rotate.
    - Zoom and Pan. You can now move multiple sticks and objects while zoomed in.
    - Non-linear firing sequence. You can now trace a line from your weapon to the target that is either straight, curved, looped, anything! Very fun!
    - 2 new backgrounds! A skyscraper rooftop and a music sound stage.
    - Added guitars to Objects.
    - Added cannons to Weapons.
    - Exit button now prompts to 'Save' any changes before exiting.
    - Updated logo.

Only missing one thing now... DOJO BACKGROUND!!!!!!

4. stickitaction

stickitaction Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2009
    First of all we want to say thanks for everyones suggestions and support! We've been working very hard on this update. 1337brian pretty much said it all in regards to the new features and bug fixes. Have a look and let us know how you like it. Keep the suggestions coming for v1.2! Thanks again everyone!

5. jlegend

jlegend Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2009
    personally i think this game is great, spent loads of time playing making my animation and just testing out stuff, to add to all the other suggestions, what about more voice comments such as "NO NO! please don't do this" and many other funny quotes that would go well with the game

6. stickitaction

Jun 17, 2009
    Thanks! Glad to hear you are enjoying the game. More sound effects are definitely in the plans. Thanks for your suggestions!

7. 1337brian

Oct 12, 2008
    In My Head
    Not to take anything away from the actual app itself (it's great!), But any chance of making a nicer looking main menu? It is extremely bland and could be a lot nicer...

8. stickitaction

Jun 17, 2009
    #68 stickitaction, Aug 30, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2009
    Yeah, we're thinking the same thing. :D

9. 1337brian

Oct 12, 2008
    In My Head
    WooT!!! :D:D:D

10. mebeswordguy

mebeswordguy Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2009
    I love this app and recomend it to everyone i know who uses an iphone. it rulzorz.
    A good thing would be the ability to make your own sound effects, along with these, or the ability to create your own chharcters with a click to add joint kinda thing.

11. iDakota

iDakota Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2009
    Love the app.
    Though there should be a "Draft" type thing to save your last progress with the movie you worked on.

Cause its to easy to delete the work you have done on a stick thing.
    One wrong click, and its deleted.

12. stickitaction

Jun 17, 2009
    Thanks! A create your own character tool is definitely on our radar. Creating your own sound effects would be cool!

13. stickitaction

Jun 17, 2009
    Hmm. Like an autosave? That could be cool. Maybe after a certain amount of frames? Certainly something to consider. Thanks!

14. marlenedegrood

marlenedegrood Well-Known Member

Export to .mov?

15. DGH94

DGH94 Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2009
    Next to the Maiden
    I don't have the game, but what about using your own pictures as backgrounds?

16. stickitaction

Jun 17, 2009
    Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. We are in the final stages of testing v1.2 and hope to be submitting in the next few days. Great idea!! We totally want to do this! However, photo's aren't supported in landscape yet (we were hoping 3.1 would have fixed this). As soon as it is available we are all over it!!
    :D:D

17. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Custom backgrounds would be awesome. I'm on an iPod Touch so I can make 'em landscape before I put them on the device anyway.

18. stickitaction

Jun 17, 2009
    Hi MidianGTX,

UIImagePickerController does not support landscape so we can't get it to work yet. We'd love to know if someone knows a workaround. :)

19. stickitaction

Jun 17, 2009
    Version 1.2 has been submitted. All features in this update were user requested. Some of which were from touch arcade of course. :)

20. jlegend

jlegend Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2009
    love the app, spent hours on it, but what has happened to me too often is me saving the game, half way through saving it and then all of a sudden it closes! about 30 minutes of work down the drain! any suggestions to stop this from happening.
    i love the idea of creating your own character, i would also suggest maybe the stick characters can lose limbs and auto made blood can spurt out( not to violent but just to make it look cool):D so that whe you have a sword fight you can cut someones arm off or smthing