New Stick Figure Animation App!

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by stickitaction, Jun 17, 2009.

1. stickitaction

stickitaction Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2009
    #1 stickitaction, Jun 17, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2009
    Hi!

Our App, Stick It Action, was just released on the App Store 10 days ago. This is a stick figure animation app where you control the stick figures movable parts and take frame by frame snapshots to create an animated sequence. There are weapons you can fire and objects (blood splatter, muzzle flash, etc) you can use. This is version 1.0 and we are getting some pretty good feedback for additional features for the next version. If you get chance, please check it out and provide feedback either on the customer review section or our website. We're looking for more suggestions for version 1.1.

Thanks!
    Stick It Productions LLC

http://itunes.com/apps/stickitaction

See page 6 for promo codes giveaway!

2. foppajoe

foppajoe Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2009
    #2 foppajoe, Jun 17, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2009
    loooks SOOOOOOOOOO GOOOOOOD! reminds me when I used to make stick fights on adobe flash 9. I will probably purchase this.

3. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Is it like Pivot?

4. foppajoe

Feb 19, 2009
    last hopeless bump

5. TheOZ

TheOZ Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    #5 TheOZ, Jun 18, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2009
    Lol
    I have the same question as Kamazar is it like Pivot? Trying to look it up, but as we all know iTunes is going to be very, very slow today due to all the downloads of the 3.0 release.

Edit: Got it up.
    Haha interesting how during the week when I was looking at apps I thought to myself "an app like pivot would be pretty cool", and lord behold here one is. Are there any videos? Not sure if it will work like I want it to...

6. foppajoe

Feb 19, 2009
    this reminds me of ouch! but it is with 2 ragdolls that can move their arms, legs, and joints and stuff. I have read some of the reviews and looked at the pictures. Is their more room in the "scene" than pictures indicate. It kinda looks like their isnt much to do in such a little space. Also, you should add glass walls, regular walls, and rubber walls/trampolines.

I still am skeptical about purchasing. Will you utilize OS 3.0 at all?

7. Negamaki

Negamaki Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2009
    I'll be posting 2 gameplay videos to YouTube in about a day or so. I'll post them here in the thread as well.

8. somedude445

somedude445 Well-Known Member

May 12, 2009
    id love to get ur app but i just bought real racing, stardefense, sims, and F.A.S.T so i have zero money. But pm me a promo code and ill write a review on appmania.

im sure if the app is good, then ppl will take notice anyways

9. foppajoe

Feb 19, 2009
    ok i just bought this. and i can tell it is going to be played for hours. def. worth .99 cents. you can adjust the framerate (sort of) and incorporate many stick figures and props/weapons. the controls are a bit quirky but i still like it. If you like ouch, violence, and are creative, you will love this.

so far, 4/5 stars.

10. jawslover

jawslover Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
    JERICHO, KS
    You did know you could get banned for asking/begging for promo codes. Its in the rules.
    I would also like to know if this is like Pivot.

11. stickitaction

Jun 17, 2009
    Thanks! A lot of users have been asking us to check out Pivot for inspiration for the next release. Is there anything you would like to see added for the next version? Some suggestions we've received so far are:

Shadow of last frame (we like this one). This will help keep characters on even plane.
    Allow weapons and objects to rotate on X-Axis.
    Sound effects. gunshots, screams, applause, etc..
    Ability to pan while zoomed in.
    Uploading of animations to website and/or youtube.
    A Create-your-own object tool.

http://stick-it-productions.com has a short example of an animation. Thanks again!

12. foppajoe

Feb 19, 2009
    ok. you have to get used to it a bit. the controls are wierd and need to be tightened a bit. i just spent a little while making a fight and i thought, ill add a grenade, so i go to the box (where you add props/weapons) and choose the grenade, i go to close out of the box, BAM, my whole fight lost. granted, i should of saved it every so often, but still, work on the controls.

after that experience: 3.5 stars, i am still going back for more :D . i havent even used any props yet.

13. stickitaction

Jun 17, 2009
    Agreed! This happened to me yesterday. We are putting a prompt to 'Save' game before exiting out when the button is pushed.

14. stickitaction

Jun 17, 2009
    Hi, just to follow up on a couple emails we've received the app was indeed built with OS 3.0 in mind. We downloaded the new OS yesterday and re-tested and all works well. Thanks!

15. stickitaction

Jun 17, 2009
    Hi! We are getting close to finishing our first major update to Stick It Action. With the new version we get a new set of Promo Codes so we are giving away 8 of them for the current version. In return, we would appreciate it if you could provide feedback and/or suggestions for future releases.

If you would like a Promo Code please PM and we'll get it out to you.

Thanks!

16. mebeswordguy

mebeswordguy Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2009
  17. Kevd

Kevd Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    Pm sent. Thanks!

18. stickitaction

Jun 17, 2009
    Thanks everyone! All of the promo codes have been handed out. Please check back as we may have few more at a later date.

19. mebeswordguy

mebeswordguy Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2009
    how do you make the weapons activate? and a suggestoin would be instead of a delete frame icon, there could be a frames icon (no red slash), that shows you the frames and the ability to delete them. you could also click on a frame and then edit it.
    I was trying to make a stick battle, made one persons whole movements, the realized there was no way to get back lol :p

20. stickitaction

Jun 17, 2009
    Hi mebeswordguy,

To activate the firing sequence, press the firing button. It's the one that looks like a muzzle flash. It'll light up when it's activated. Then just drag your finger from the weapon to the target and the rest is automated. Remember to deactivate the firing sequence when finished with it. We can move frame by frame and make edits with the forward and back buttons (the little blue ones). I do like the idea of being able to flip through each frame, full screen, and then either edit or delete. hmm. Let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks for the feedback and suggestions!