Universal New Star Soccer Manager (by Five Aces Publishing)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Wesley Barrett, Jul 9, 2018.

1. moms pubis

moms pubis Member

Jan 4, 2012
    Yes! Guys in their early 30s whose star ratings are at or near their potential are a bargain, and you can get a couple of good seasons out of them before they retire. Save your skill/fitness cards for your young guys and youth prospects.

2. Buss1985

Buss1985 Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2013
    Agree with this in the main. I got one really good player through the youth squad (39) and have developed him a bit more. Now his wage demands are astronomical so I either have to sell him or use contract cards on him if I have them available. Better to stick to players around the mid to low 30's it seems in the early seasons and pick up older bargains in the transfer market.

But one issue I'm having is that I still can't generate enough cash to keep all my contracts up and develop the club infrastructure as well. Everything is basically at level 1 or 2 and I'm on my 3rd season. All my players are annoyed as I can't develop them as the cooldown period is too long on the cards.

Maybe I'm just looking at it the wrong way and have to accept that if I am to get to the top league it's going to take me ages as I'm not going to spend a lot of money on the game. Happy to spend some obviously as it's a good game. But I do think the devs have gone slightly too far with the balance of the IAP/standard progression. It's also annoying that I spent £5 on a pack of cards but that doesn't disable the ads at all.

3. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    I pressed the "Request Funds" button from the board on the club overview screen, just to investigate what it means, and immediately I got some money (not much) and shareholders got a bigger stake in the club so now I lose 3% of revenue instead of 1%. I wasn't asked to confirm this move which is quite ridiculous! I mean, I could even see people pressing this by mistake! Anyway, is there any way I can pay the board back and get the shareholders stake back down?

4. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
    I’m really really upset at how pushy this game is. It never feels like a premium even after buying some players’ cards and getting rid of the ads. I bought 4 good players but only one left because for nearly one whole season I was never getting any contract to renew their and as the price they were asking was too crazy for my club, I lost them which isn’t cool at all! I spend real money to get those and get a descent team. At some points I also felt my players were getting injuries very easily, I was top of the league but then both my keepers got injured and i had to fill in a normal player in the team, got smashed by a few teams and got my keeper back very late. I feel the game will try to push you to buy extra management cards.

5. dadiduekappa

dadiduekappa Well-Known Member

Still nothing in Italian AppStore...

6. carlisimo

carlisimo Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2009
    I’m enjoying the game a lot. My biggest complaint is the small touch points – or am I wrong for wanting to play on my phone? The original certainly felt like more of a phone than tablet game.

I paid the $5 to remove the ads at every post-game card event. It’s definitely worth that, and I don’t feel you need to pay any more. As others have said, it’s crucial to buy a deep squad so they can rest, and to focus on older, more highly-rated players. There are usually a few players with similar characteristics; go through all of them until you play the guessing game right and get a good deal.

If you’ve played other soccer manager games you’ll probably try to go for younger players with a lot of potential. That’s how I started. I never had the cards to develop them, and after getting promoted to Spain’s 2nd division after my first full season, I was getting pummeled 6-1 all the time. It’s a trap. You can get great players out of your youth system, but not on the market.

And if you’re headed for promotion your first full season, consider lowering your workrate to avoid it. My second-biggest complaint is that your fans and board have unrealistic expectations of newly-promoted sides. They should be happy with anything above relegation but they’re not.

Put a lot of money into your club store early on. I haven’t run the numbers, but building level 1 stands on the other three sides of your stadium seems to be a good deal too. Physio’s next in importance, imo. Scouting can be actively neglected at the beginning.

7. josumart

josumart Member

Apr 9, 2011
    Hi!
    I got this fa ploys game through the Canadian App Store. However, I wonder when is gonna be launched in Spain, as it still not available. Another query/question I habe is if cloud saving is gonna be implemented.... with all the effort you put into this...

Radie likes this.
  8. dadiduekappa

dadiduekappa Well-Known Member

Someone know how to “observe” a player?

9. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    Absolute money grabber. Avoid like the plague!

It is a shame, since the game could be a lot fun if not constant asking for money.

10. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Yeah, I was worried about this one on mobile since I "bought" New Star Soccer and then they made it free-to-play and threw in a bunch of IAP. I figured they'd just start this one that way. I wish their were two versions of that game and this game: A F2P game that anyone can download and pay as much as they want in IAP, and a completely premium paid app version with no IAP like the one they just released on the Switch. I might look into getting this on the Switch, but I don't want IAP thrown at me while I play a game. And I'd rather buy a game that I know can't be any better if I gave it another hundred dollars. Like I said, if they just made two versions of these games, I'd happily buy the premium version and sing its praises.