Universal New Star Soccer (by New Star Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by pjft, Mar 13, 2012.

1. pjft

pjft Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011
    I'll second that. Have played through a couple of careers, never needed to buy a consumable IAP.

2. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Just bought this game and two questions.

Played till I was two star popularity, but suddenly the boss stopped allowing me to play even though his bar is more than 3/4 full. He still refuses even when I play his matching mini game to raise his bar.

Also, does the slots trick still work or has it been patched out? I played till I had $100 in starbux and the amount I could amass by spamming the slots button at $10 a pop hovered stubbornly around $300. Also, the most expensive boots cost $500 and not $70, so does that mean mean those tips had been patched out?

3. Paulos G

Paulos G Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2012
    location, location.
    I just picked this up yesterday. Splashed out my 69 pennies for the career mode as soon as I finished the free portion of the game (even though I don't bother with soccer IRL). A delight to play. Highly engrossing.

BUT...

Having completed my first season I am now getting a Monkey Error which says: Monkey Runtime Error: Memory access violation.

Has anyone else come across this? Any ideas on how to fix it?

TIA

P

4. phred

phred Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    Does energy ever recharge on its own?

If I wait long enough, will the energy bar replenish itself? Or is the only way to do that to buy energy drinks?

5. pjft

pjft Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011
    Well, the bar will replenish between matches. The more properties you own, the more energy you'll replenish.

In fact, I wrote something about this in another place, as a FAQ, which might be useful:

Also, for those interested, there's a whole slew of pictures on the new update in their Facebook page.

Some of the new things include headers and pressure from the defenders, from what I've seen!

6. pjft

pjft Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011
    It seems the new update is live, according to the dev's Twitter page!

I'm at works, so I'll only download it later... Has anyone tried it?

7. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    #187 oooooomonkey, Oct 17, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2013
    The update is certainly live and here's the update list.

Edit: on the facebook page they have posted a full update list and its Huge the amount of changes that's been made.

Attached Files:

8. spooky23

spooky23 Well-Known Member

Jun 30, 2011
    There's no icloud save game facility right? Got the game on iphone and ipad.

9. LukeT

LukeT Well-Known Member

Aug 24, 2012
    #189 LukeT, Oct 19, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2013
    I am new to this game, just heard of it some days ago, downloaded after the new update. According to some impressions in the comments in Pocket Tactics the game changed a lot, there is a lot of consumable IAPs and the game balance changed, making the game more hard to progress without using it (I never buy consumable IAPs, and if I can't have fun without it in a game it's not worth my time). Very sad to discover this game only now, by the impressions here it was very good before the update. Anyone who played the game before can give some impressions? If this change of balance really changed the game like this, let's just hope the developer change his mind and make the game so fun and addictive again.

10. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Seems fine to me, I played before the update and now I'm playing with the new update and there's no IAP pushed upon you or needed other than the initial ones I bought to unlock the career mode and new pitch types.

11. LukeT

LukeT Well-Known Member

Aug 24, 2012
    Nice to hear that.
    There is an IAP in this version called Pro League, is that the full game unlock (Career mode)?

12. Zhang Doe

Zhang Doe Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2013
    Whoa! Nice challenge after being away from this game for a while. Now if you take too long to pass, opposing players come at you. Before, they waited until you kicked / passed to move. And there are headers? Well done, developers!

13. pjft

pjft Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011
    #193 pjft, Oct 22, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2013
    For the reference, I was involved in testing the new version, and I put together a FAQ in case people are finding that the new update is a bit difficult. There was some initial backlash over Twitter from people who suddenly found the game to be a bit more difficult - especially if they loaded their careers where their players were over 40 years of age, since now with ageing being implemented, people over 30 will start to see their skills declining more aggressively unless they keep on training them :)

From my experience, there is no need whatsoever for IAPs - other than unlocking the Career Mode/Pro License.

Feel free to read the FAQ I put together in this link (Google Doc), and if you have any questions, do let me know, I am more than happy to answer them. This is more meant to be a beginner's guide to NSS Mobile 1.5+, since I feel that's where most people will have a bit of trouble getting to grips with everything.

Overall, I feel that the game is much more interesting now, and holds up a challenge without even resorting to IAPs. I played a full career, from 16 to 37 and got all the achievements, etc, without ever buying anything else.

Top game, in my opinion, and nothing to be afraid of in this update.

Hope it helps!

14. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    ^^id agree I'm liking the new update, before I found it to easy and now it's a nice challenge to balance everything. I tinit it's just the fact there's IAP there means people are hesitant.:eek:
    But I agree there's no need to spend other than to unlock the career mode (and I got the pitch types too)

15. Magnum0ik

Magnum0ik Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2011
    Insurance Broker
    Portsmouth, England
    That is full game unlock yes.

Like the addition of headers. Adds a new nice touch.

16. darkfng

darkfng New Member

Nov 8, 2013
    #196 darkfng, Nov 8, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2013
    Like a few other people here, I can not get this game to work :( I bought the pro licence, but when it was nowhere to be seen I clicked it and was told I already had it and it would download it now if I pressed 'Ok'. I pressed 'Ok' but nothing happened. I repeated this a few times then deleted the app and tried to reinstall, but now it closes instantly when I open it. :confused:

UPDATE - 15/11

The game has now been fixed and is working as intended.

17. Bloodangel

Bloodangel Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Retail
    England
    New update for this great game... Is very good! Adds some good extra features

18. spooky23

spooky23 Well-Known Member

Jun 30, 2011
    Captains armband?

Anything else? I see offside is in there too.

19. Bloodangel

Bloodangel Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Retail
    England
    Able to control where other players run to

20. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    I wonder if this latest update allows to direct players on national team during set pieces. It was lacking in the last update.