New Site Design and Xenforo Migration

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and News' started by arn, May 28, 2018.

1. DeNappa

DeNappa Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    Netherlands
    The 'game blocks' under articles are way too large. For an article that addresses multiple games (like update mondays, best new games or recently the 'praiseworthy games' one), you have to do a lot of scrolling to get to the comments. I can imagine that would be even worse if you browse with a phone (narrow screen).

houseofg and lezrock like this.
  2. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    Welp, option for “default “ blue format is gone again. Back to the orange yuck. :(

3. hrbrt

hrbrt Member

Jan 24, 2012
    Graphic Design Manager
    Indiana
    I don't see any AppShopper links on TA game pages anymore. There used to be a shortcut on the forum page for each game but I don't see them anymore.

HelperMonkey likes this.
  4. houseofg

houseofg Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    But blue is only rare, and orange is legendary!!

5. ctathemarius

ctathemarius Well-Known Member

May 11, 2018
    The current site is a bit heavier than the previous site....Hmm...Why does it feel so? I hope the optimization will proceed. Thanks.

6. xxteargodxx

xxteargodxx Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Male
    NJ
    I am feeling the same way, also having a hard time looking at title threads instead of by icon. I hope this is able to be brought back.

7. Snooptalian

Snooptalian Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    Liked that you could see screenshots of games in each thread before. Not seeing that here. Am I missing something? Also, how are you guys changing colors to blue?

8. gekkota

gekkota Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2008
    There was an option to change styles--and one of the styles had blue instead of orange--but now the option has disappeared. I had blue for a day or so but now it's back to orange.

9. HelperMonkey

HelperMonkey Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2009
    Iowa
    Growing pains.
    This is all a big transition, and I’m happy to stick with TA through the optimization and the ironing out of various problems.
    I’m also happy to see some new writers becoming regular contributors.

The problem I’m noticing is the “Hot Games” is clearly not updating relative to actual activity. There’s a disconnect somehow.
    It’s a major way to direct site users to forum activity, so I’m hoping it gets prioritized.

Anyway, THANKS to ARN and whoever else has been plugging away on these changes! Pace yourself, and take some deep breaths now and then.
    I appreciate all the work that’s being done.

10. r10k

r10k Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2009
    The new design looks like a free website template from 2005. Seriously.

Snooptalian likes this.
  11. Snooptalian

Snooptalian Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    Exactly. Horrible website. First they let the TA App go down the drain and now they’ve gone and flushed the whole site down the toilet too. Was nice while it lasted I guess. This place is a graveyard now...

12. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Hot games algorithm should be better now, thank you for constructive thoughts it's very appreciated.

13. Aurizen

Aurizen Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2013
    Does this mean the web wrapper app will be coming soon? i recall a conversation regarding that would happen soon after the site remodeling.

14. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

It’s on my personal roadmap once the site is fully complete. One step at a time.

houseofg likes this.
  15. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    So the site still doesn't let me reply to threads on iOS10. I feel like this is a big problem that should be focused on first. I'm willing to bet that a lot of people DON'T have ios11, and this will only make people post less. Even myself I'm posting way way less now that I can't post unless I'm on my PC.

16. #Bonk3rZ

#Bonk3rZ Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2014
    top of the world

17. Oscar Streaker

Oscar Streaker Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2011
    Anyone else not digging the zoomed in, tinted, milky filtered, screen caps behind the main story headlines? Neither informative nor aesthetically pleasing.

18. D.Va

D.Va New Member

Dec 29, 2017

PHEW! Thank you.

19. gekkota

gekkota Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Two questions:
    1. Are we ever getting the option back to change the color to blue? The orange is awful.
    2. Previously, thread titles were in bold, and when I read the thread it changed to non-bold. It made it easier to see which threads I have already read. Is that feature coming back?

anthony78 likes this.
  20. PixelEnvision

PixelEnvision Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    Indie Developer
    Brighton, UK
    +1