New Rolando update/News

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by chrisjonny, Sep 24, 2008.

1. chrisjonny

chrisjonny Active Member

Sep 7, 2008
    #1 chrisjonny, Sep 24, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2008
    Hand Circus has posted a new image of their upcoming game Rolando. They have also provided some more information about the next coming weeks of what to expect with the game.
    http://www.handcircus.com/

[​IMG]

2. different

different Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    This is how games should be developed. I hate paying to be a beta tester. Kudos to handcircus, I can't wait for Rolando! :)

3. dwsolberg

dwsolberg Active Member

Jul 28, 2008
    Excited

I for one am really excited about this game. It seems to be one of the few games that is really being designed with the iPhone in mind. My favorite games are the ones that don't try to use pretend analog controllers (think Pac-Mac) but instead find ways to use the iPhone controls naturally. For example, Galcon may not deliberately have been designed for the iPhone, but it's very natural to use.

Anyway, back on topic. I have high hopes for Rolando and am waiting patiently.

4. ReformatPlanet

ReformatPlanet Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2008
    Film Producer
    NJ/NY
    Totally looks like it could fall into the "killer-app" category. If Apple is going to be making a fuss about the iphone/pod being a great game platform, they need a lot more games with the inspiration of titles like this.

5. mavis

mavis Well-Known Member

Exactly. I don't mind waiting if what I am finally able to purchase is actually a finished product, rather than a bug-ridden, incomplete concept app.

6. ReformatPlanet

ReformatPlanet Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2008
    Film Producer
    NJ/NY
    I question if many even have a concept.

7. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2008
    Freelance Entertainment Analyst
    Orlando, FL
    It feels like devs are using the app store gain capitol so they can develop their games further.

Like they make a game, which functions just barely, to "test" interest and design. If they sell enough copies and see profit, THEN they start to really update their apps.

And while I understand that, I don't appreciate it as a consumer.