New Responsive TouchArcade Forum Theme Testing

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and News' started by arn, Dec 11, 2014.

1. chrberni

chrberni Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Sep 4, 2009
    Developer
    This is a test post -- ignore

2. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

#22 Anonomation, Jan 12, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2015
    I tried the new theme and haven't been able to access all pages of certain threads while using on the app, switched back to regular theme.

3. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    #23 Echoseven, Jan 12, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2015
    Occasionally a thread has so many deleted posts that the page numbers do not match up, because the deleted posts are technically only hidden and moderators / admins can see them even when normal users can't. That might be it.

@Arn On Firefox I get odd white space collapsing. I use double line breaks to break up the paragraphs and it sucks to see the actual post come out of the editor as a single brick of text. BUT I tested this on Chrome and the line breaks came out as normal. Is that something on your end, or can I fiddle around with Firefox settings somewhere?

Also, bugs:

When you mouse over your name, the "your profile" option overlaps the "notification" option.

Social group front pages are... broken. Completely.

The "group membership" widget on the profile page scales the groups weirdly, resulting in an ugly white space next to the right border.

EDIT: Seems like most of the things I mentioned are only broken in Firefox. Tested everything out in Chrome and the new theme works just fine. Hm.

4. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

I know about the delete posts thing, what my problem is is that only one page for a thread will show up and I cannot access the rest. Then if I tap certain post it is displayed in its own little subforum. It's a really weird bug...

5. SherlockEB

SherlockEB Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 22, 2013
    This theme suits mobile much better than the old one, however when using an iPhone on portrait mode half of the page becomes missing

6. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    The new theme doesn't allow moderators to see post edit history any more. The page is there, but there is no way to select versions for comparison. Tested in my problematic Firefox and the otherwise working Chrome, same in both.

7. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Arn, I noticed this has been an issue since I've started using the new theme on PC (I don't believe it happens on mobile). Despite having line breaks in the actual text, this is what I see (forum-wide...not just specific to this thread): [​IMG]

8. blahdo

blahdo Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2013
    #28 blahdo, Jan 26, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2015
    With the new theme, you don't see the whether a thread has replies or not at least on iOS.

They all look the same.

When doing a reply in the mobile version at least on iOS, you can't double tap to select a word anymore.

9. blahdo

blahdo Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2013
    Also on iOS, if I click the sub forum navigation a the bottom, it automatically redirects to the parent forum.

10. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    I've had the same and found that for me it only happens on Firefox. Is that what you're using? Can you check a different browser?

Maybe it's just me, but on Firefox the theme seems incredibly broken.

11. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Yep, I'm on Firefox. Just noticed you mentioned the same problem above. As for other browsers I'll check when I'm home later tonight.

12. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Wow this is a huge step forward looking very pro like IMO, keep it up TA.

13. Infinity89

Infinity89 Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2013
    Is it possible to use it on mobile app? It just takes me back to the d one whenever I click and thread.

14. Pixel_Gamer

Pixel_Gamer Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2013
    Wow, this looks amazing on mobile. A lot more responsive too.

15. Mess

Mess Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2013
    This is a theme* applied to the forum when viewing from a web browser, not via the app.

*it seems to be a bit better than just a theme, but not sure what to call it :)

16. chrberni

chrberni Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Sep 4, 2009
    Developer
    Chris testing -- please ignore

Thanks,
    Chris

17. Shirika

Shirika Well-Known Member

woah.. this theme is amazing