New Responsive Forum Theme Now LIVE

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and News' started by arn, Mar 24, 2015.

1. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    Icons in the navigation bar are gone now... Except for "JOBS".

[​IMG]

2. chrberni

chrberni Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Sep 4, 2009
    Developer
    ya - my bad - they're back now.

3. chrberni

chrberni Administrator

Sep 4, 2009
    Developer
  4. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    trello.com links?

Anyway, please make the WYSIWYG editor optional and not default. I complained about this before, because everytime I reload in the advanced editor it goes back to the default WYSIWYG, and it is hell when you are switching between previewing the post and editing it, especially on a mobile device.

The options in my User control panel have no effect on the editor preference.

5. chrberni

chrberni Administrator

Sep 4, 2009
    Developer
    I corrected the trello.com links. I'll continue to look at the WYSIWYG issue.

6. chrberni

chrberni Administrator

Sep 4, 2009
    Developer
    Just fixed: the non-bold/bold for read/unread threads nagging issue

7. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    #127 Primoz, Apr 3, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2015
    Also, sometimes I can't go into a new line in the WYSIWYG editor. When I press enter it goes into a new line in the editor, but when youI submit it, it has no effect.

I have no idea how to recreate this, it seems to happen randomly, but its pretty frequent.

And the color font drop-down palette doesn't work in the editor.

8. squashy

squashy Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    Yay, it works! Great job, errr, Toucharcade person :p

9. Jerutix

Jerutix Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    Any chance we could switch sides for New Thread and the page numbers on main forum pages? It's fine on the desktop, but on mobile it puts the New Thread button on top of the page numbers. I always want the New Thread button to be Next Page, so I've hit it a few times on accident. Swapping sides would put it underneath the page numbers, which would help.

10. dadol

dadol Active Member

Dec 25, 2013
    The topic icons overlap the topic title making it unreadable. What are the topic icons for anyways? They just take a valuable space in small screens. The old forum was way better, just my opinion.

11. chrberni

chrberni Administrator

Sep 4, 2009
    Developer
  12. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    I'm not sure if this is a fix or a bug, because someone complained about the "online" button covering up the avatar too much. I think it looks way worse now though, it looks off and broken in my opinion.

[​IMG]

Anyway, the button covering up the avatar wasn't really a problem on larger screens, it is a "problem" on smaller screens, as the button covers up like 10% of the avatar there. This new "fix" didn't change anything on smaller screens though.

[​IMG]

13. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

I think the best place for the online display would be next to the username, just like with the old forum design. There's usually room there. The new location looks weird.

14. chrberni

chrberni Administrator

Sep 4, 2009
    Developer
    The avatar online indicator move wasn't intentional. It's fixed now.

15. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    #135 HLW, Apr 9, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2015
    On iPad, on Safari, the screenshots under the original posts (in the game threads) have gone a bit funny - all of them except the rightmost one are dimmed, and the rightmost one often not fully visible as it is half off the screen. can it be changed?

Edit: some of the threads work correctly, some don't, I don't know what the pattern is.

16. squashy

squashy Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    Hey guys, apparently you can't double-tap words to select them in this new theme? I seem to need to tap and hold words in order to select it, rather troublesome I say.

17. Elsa

Elsa Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2015
    Arendelle
    Another WYSIWYG editor issue. Sometimes typing any of the letters "B", "I", and "U" triggers bold, italic or underlined and therefore you can't write a post properly. No idea what causes this though, seems random.

*Chrome browser

18. Adams Immersive

Adams Immersive Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 5, 2008
    Freelance interactive design and programming
    Ohio
    Same here (Safari) but not most of the time--only occasionally. Haven't spotted a pattern yet.

It's like the browser thinks the Command key is stuck down. It seems to happen in the middle of typing a post, and once it starts, you're stuck with it for that post. But they next post (or edit, presumably) that you make can be just fine.

19. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #139 Rip73, Apr 12, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2015
    Sorry if this has already been answered but can't seem to get a response when tapping to rate a couple of games, is there an alternate method that I'm missing as I can see ratings have been added to those same games by others?

Thanks in advance.

Oh and nearly forgot to mention, the new format is genuinely excellent. Really enjoying using it as it is very intuitive.
    (Probably already said it somewhere but it was worth repeating if so because it is an excellent improvement)

20. saosijs

saosijs Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2012
    Brazil
    The spoiler tags don't work anymore for me in the TA app. They show as black bars, but when touching them, they don't show the text.