New Responsive Forum Theme Now LIVE

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and News' started by arn, Mar 24, 2015.

1. arn

arn Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 19, 2008
    It's in the search bar.

Attached Files:

2. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    IMHO the white/black looks great on my iPhone. Not as great on an LCD panel on my PC. Looks better in Chrome than in Firefox. I don't use Safari on the desktop at all (or IE unless I can't avoid it!)

3. PeteOzzy

PeteOzzy Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Norwich, England
    I have to say, the new forum design is actually fantastic. I normally prefer avoiding change when possible with things like the Xbox dashboard switcharounds but this has worked beautifully - I love the screenshot slideshow and the app icons showing outside the threads.

Plus, you know, avatars! I've already drawn out half a dozen :D If anyone wants a pixelated one then let me know, I absolutely love making these!

4. F34R

F34R Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2012
    I'm loving it. Keep up the good work. ;)

5. saosijs

saosijs Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2012
    Brazil
    Ok, this is bad news for me. The app has not this button, so it is useless to me with the default display thread option "oldest posts first". And I like to use the app on my iPad to read the forum really much more than using a browser. :(

6. cthulhufan

cthulhufan Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Sep 5, 2013
    Systems Engineer
    Missouri
    This button doesn't work for you?

[​IMG]

7. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

Another bug: Spoiler tags aren't hidden/don't work propperly (in Firefox at least) until you mouse over them.

This is an example.

8. saosijs

Mar 24, 2012
    Brazil
    It brings me to the last page, not the last unread post. So I still have to scroll down up to 40 posts (depends on the size of the last page).

9. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    I do like seeing the game's icon before I enter the thread. I think it will help newly posted games get more attention.

10. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    I like the new layout, a lot. About time the UI received some love around here.

Now to update vBulletin

11. squashy

squashy Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    Oh and in the old layout, new threads or those with new posts are in bold. Now it seems every thread is bold?

12. cthulhufan

cthulhufan Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Sep 5, 2013
    Systems Engineer
    Missouri
    Oh that would be highly irritating. When I hit that yellow oval, it takes me to the newest post. :(

13. saosijs

Mar 24, 2012
    Brazil
    Strange that it works differently for you :confused:

14. squashy

squashy Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    Anyone? I'd like to be able to distinguish threads like I used to, if I can.

15. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    Titles are still bold when there are unread posts, at least when viewing the page on PC. But I'm having the same problem as you when browsing on my iPhone, because all thread titles appear bold there.

I really don't like viewing this forum on my iPhone anymore (I always used the Desktop Version of the forum before), because I can't see whether there are new posts, I can't see whether I posted in the thread or not, I can't see when the last post was made, I can't see who wrote the last post etc.

It's quite a pain using this forum on my iPhone now to be honest.

16. saosijs

Mar 24, 2012
    Brazil
    #96 saosijs, Mar 29, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2015
    The option checkboxes are confusing, at least at first. The "unchecked" option still shows as checked, but just in a gray tone. It takes a while to understand that the color is the key information here. Color should be an additional information, not the key information.

[edit] the unchecked option now looks like an option that is enabled(!) but administratively forbidden to disable it.

Attached Files:

17. saosijs

Mar 24, 2012
    Brazil
    On my Android phone (lollipop) it shows only bold for unread threads so that part is ok in my case. For the rest, it looks horrible. All the relevant information is squashed on the left side. It looks the same when I "Request desktop site" (an option of the chrome browser on my phone).

Attached Files:

18. saosijs

Mar 24, 2012
    Brazil
    Is there an option to get back the "Classic" interface or is that gone for ever? ;)

19. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    #99 Primoz, Mar 29, 2015
    I can't view the poll results on my phone.

PC:
    [​IMG]

iPhone 5s landscape:
    [​IMG]

iPhone 5s portrait:
    [​IMG]

This. No discrespect towards the people who designed the new theme. But there is a lot of information missing when viewing the forum on my mobile device, which to me was crucial for having a good forum experience (that's why I always used the desktop version, even on my phone). I understand that it is probably easier to navigate the forum now for the most people though.

There is an option to select from different skins in the control panel, perhaps they could make that an option?

20. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

#100 Der-Kleine, Mar 29, 2015
    On my android tablet (running lollipop and chrome) the site looks fine, so I guess this is a problem with small screen sizes.

This is a problem for me in portrait mode on my 8" 16:10 tablet as well, so I'm pretty sure it's a screen size issue.

Also the remove button in the attachment manager doesn't scale very well either.

Attached Files: