New Responsive Forum Theme Now LIVE

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and News' started by arn, Mar 24, 2015.

1. arn

arn Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 19, 2008
    I can tweak the borders a bit to help with the contrast.

arn

2. saosijs

saosijs Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2012
    Brazil
    It does indeed show what my problem is yes :) To me in the new layout everything merges together and I feel a lack of visual structure. See also how the quote box and the post separation bar have a similar shade. I'm curious how the new layout will look like with a higher contrast color scheme.

Oh, and am I the only one that has configured the "new posts first" thread display option? I don't like the AppInfo being at the top of the page.

3. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    On Safari on iPad, I can't tell which threads have unread messages - they all look the same: the ones I have just read look the same as ones where someone has just posted a new message. Am I missing something?

Also the icon that showed that you had posts in a thread was really useful, it would be nice to have that back if possible.

4. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    The post and the forum body backgrounds must be at least a little bit different, same with the post header and the quote box background colors.

I can't send a private message from a user's profile page for some reason. The drop-down menu doesn't seem to work.

The images in thread scale now, but they aren't scaled down when you go to advanced reply and scroll down. It causes some weird things to usernames.
    [​IMG]

5. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Can't seem to send people PMs. If I go to their profile I can't seem to click on send message or the small arrow drop down to choose 'send message'

6. arn

arn Administrator

Apr 19, 2008
    This is a known issue.

Can use the dropdown in the thread right now. We'll fix it.

arn

7. cthulhufan

cthulhufan Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Sep 5, 2013
    Systems Engineer
    Missouri
    Eh. That's backwards, near as I can tell :)

I'd rather have appinfo right there as post #1 and each, subsequent, entry moves in order after that.

Newest first is GROSS. ;-P

8. sugimulm

sugimulm Well-Known Member

I agree, missed that feature and hope you guys implement this again, please... Lol

9. arn

arn Administrator

Apr 19, 2008
    New threads not distinguishable on iPad is just a bug. We'll fix it in the am.

arn

10. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    I thought it probably wasn't intentional.

Why do some of the avatars (or spaces where the avatars would be if that user hasn't currently set one) have little green squares on them? eg mine does and sugimulm's does, but cthulhufan's doesn't.

11. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    It's just an indicator that shows whether the user is currently online.

12. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    Oh that makes sense.

13. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

The green square indicates whether someone's online or not. In the past it was a green or gray circle next to people's names.

14. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

I found another small bug with the message entry field for advanced replies: If the message is long enough for you to have to scroll to see all of it, then the border around the message will scroll with the message, which it of course shouldn't do.

Attached Files:

15. squashy

squashy Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    I'm cook with the new style and all but the dominant white kind of hurts my eyes... Anyway we can have more gray areas or at least tone down the white? :/

16. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    While browsing the forum or any specific part of it, there was always an option to "search this thread" and it was just great to filter any search just for specific section of the forum easily. I can't find it anymore, is it gone for good? Or are you planning to bring it back? I'd appreciate it. I know there's search bar in the upper right corner, but it's not the same.

17. saosijs

saosijs Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2012
    Brazil
    LOL yes, "newest post first" means backwards :D
    Let me explain why I do this: my TA forum "work flow" is based on subscribed threads almost exclusively. In the list of subscribed threads it is easy to see which have new posts (title of thread is in bold). With "newest posts first" I simply could touch/click the title and land at the newest post(s). My subscribed threads typically have few new posts per day so I didn't need to scroll (much).

What I just learned here is that there is an icon that makes you jump directly to the new posts, so that is probably what I will start using now (together with "oldest posts first"). I didn't know about this before! I will give that a try. That icon is rather small and I will have to see how easy it will be on my phone screen, but hey, living is adapting!

18. cthulhufan

cthulhufan Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Sep 5, 2013
    Systems Engineer
    Missouri
    Oh, for sure, if you didn't know about the "jump to first unread post" button then I can see exactly where you're coming from there.

19. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Strange, When I go to the website through Safari on my phone it is the old theme but through Safari on my computer it is the new theme.

In my profile, the icons in my private group menu are a jumble half the time and neat half the time.

Not crazy about the OP being on every page in the iPhone forum but I guess I can live with it.

Would love some lt grey background as opposed to all this stark white.

20. arn

arn Administrator

Apr 19, 2008
    It's an online indicator.