New Responsive Forum Theme Now LIVE

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and News' started by arn, Mar 24, 2015.

1. RomanReigns

RomanReigns Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2014
    Finally an avatar system :)

2. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    If you click the "Main" button right below the TA logo at the top, it takes you to the front page.

3. arn

arn Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 19, 2008
    Working on this

4. Sambobsung

Sambobsung Well-Known Member

May 19, 2012
    Male
    Canada
    This new look is pretty awesome. Loving the fact that we now get avatars :D

5. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    Yes, thanks. Someone actually mentioned that already on previous page. It works just fine that way, I'll get used to it.

6. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

#46 Anonomation, Mar 26, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2015
    I saw drelbs avatar blink. Wanted to we if mine would appear...

EDIT: :(

EDIT OF AN EDIT: There it is :)

7. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    You could upload animated gifs for a few minutes when avatars got enabled.

I had a dancing banana, but arn was sending off some pretty passive-aggressive vibes, so I changed it hahah

8. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Of course you inspired to make mine animated... but I went for a much more subtle approach.

I could see where animated avatars would make quite a mess, and would be fine going back to a static image.

For all the noise some people made about avatars, I actually liked the old system where mods/devs had them - it made them stand out a lot. But the new format looks really odd when 95% of the users don't have them.

9. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

#49 Anonomation, Mar 26, 2015
    I'm confused, one, just looked at the forums and and they aren't there.

Two, there should be an option to do settings via app, as its a pain to go back and forth or even do it in safari. I want to be able to adjust ALL my settings in the options menu rather than the text sizes and such. Viewing TA in safari and it looks amazing compared to the app.

Edit: the avatars are appearing in some threads but not others. Odd.

10. oldsnake

oldsnake Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Male
    Impiegato
    Bologna italy
    It looks great,i like the new look,good work guys 

11. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

I'm not seeing it, is it supposed to be somewhere here? [ATTACHMENT 1]

Other than that, two bugs I've noticed are that the "Increase/decrease size" buttons in the advanced post editor don't seem to work, meaning that the text entry box can't be resized.

The other thing is that when the Message Editor Interface is set to the "Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG Editing" mode, the smileys don't shup up under, but next to the Message Editor, as can be seen in [ATTACHMENT 2]

Other than that, two things I'd like to see added/changed if possible are to have the option for a darker theme and to have images inserted into posts automatically scale to the width of the post box.

The cleaner look and avatars are very much appreciated though.

Attached Files:

12. saosijs

saosijs Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2012
    Brazil
    I'm using the "Newest first" Thread Display Mode and at the top of the page I now get to see first all kind of App Information and only then the newest posts; really inconvenient. That AppInfo used to be at the bottom of the thread for me.

In general, I feel I miss contrast on the pages. It looks all so bleak to me. There is no good visible seperation between posts due to low contrast color scheme and even the text is a kind of gray

13. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    #53 Primoz, Mar 26, 2015
    He meant those:
    [​IMG]

I suggested the background to be darker from the posts as well and a darker theme would certainly be a good option to have.

I'm pretty sure the images scale down now to an appropriate size.

You can still adjust the size of the textbox by dragging that little "expand icon" on the lower right bottom of the textbox.

14. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    @DerKline:

I think he means these:

[​IMG]

EDIT: Or... maybe not. I didn't even see those others.

15. cthulhufan

cthulhufan Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Sep 5, 2013
    Systems Engineer
    Missouri
    So this isn't defined enough for you and you prefer higher contrast? (just curious not being a dick):
    [​IMG]

16. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    And I didn't see those. Pretty sure he meant those, yes. The ones I highlighted drop you to the last post of the thread.

17. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    IMHO the text is plenty bold for me, but what could be a shade darker is the box around each post and possibly the gray in the header background.

It's not that bad unless you have lots of quotes and/or signatures clogging things up.

18. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    #58 Primoz, Mar 26, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2015
    There was a slight contrast between the forum body background and the post background before. It was subtle, but it helped. See for yourself: http://web.archive.org/web/20150314200955/http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=246132

I agree. The quotes in a post split it way too much, up to the point where you need to scroll up to make sure you aren't already reading another post. The header of the post has a far too similar color to the quote background.

Just an idea: it would be cool if the avatar of the user (and the rest of his info: username, posts, join date) would verticaly slide along the post as you scroll.

19. cthulhufan

Patreon Bronze

Sep 5, 2013
    Systems Engineer
    Missouri
    Meh, not trying to be a jerk. I can see some more contrast but, I dunno, yeah it's new and different but it seems perfectly serviceable to me.

[​IMG]

VERSUS NEW:

[​IMG]

To each their own, of course.

20. cthulhufan

Patreon Bronze

Sep 5, 2013
    Systems Engineer
    Missouri
    Just a different layout and, yeah, a bit softer contrast but now your usernames are in a different spot and once you get used to that then it just kind of "clicks". I dig it but I *totally* understand if it's not for everyone.