New Releases list bug still around?

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by karlth, Jan 24, 2012.

1. karlth

karlth Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2009
    Iceland
    Saw this post on another forum (iphonedevsdk):

If you set a release date that hits before your app is approved, for example you submit your app and set the release date to the day you submit it, when it is approved, no matter what it will show up with the apps from the ORIGINAL release date you set. If you set a future release date and then it gets approved[before] and you leave the release date the same or set it to another date in the future, the app will show up with apps released the day it was APPROVED (even though the date will show up as the date you set).

:confused:

Anyone wish to comment on how to set the Availability date in iTunesconnect. According to that poster setting it too early or too late means you are off the list??

2. HeliApps

HeliApps Well-Known Member

I was affected by this mid December. As a precaution, I had an update ready to go and when I saw I was a few days down the list, I released the update.

Better to not have to do that though, because it also has a negative impact on sales and ratings compared to a non-affected release date.

It was a month ago, so maybe you won't be affected. In my case I think the big problem was that I had set a release date which had gone past before I got my app submitted, then I changed it to a later date and it was a mess.

3. karlth

karlth Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2009
    Iceland
    But you were only able to submit an update after your app went live right? And then had to wait a few days for Apple to review update before releasing it?

4. mehware

mehware Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2008
    This happened to me, my release date was Jan 7th but it went to the Jan 6th releases so had no initial visibility... it really sucked because I was essentially put a day back. We had to add some stuff and submit an update to get out in new releases again. I talked to apple and they couldn't do anything about their whoopsie.

- Matt

5. HeliApps

HeliApps Well-Known Member

No, you can submit an update before your app goes live ... and it will be reviewed, so you it is possible to have it ready to go if needed.