New Rasta Monkey Gameplay video

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Noam, Mar 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gscal

gscal Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2009
    SF Bay Area
    Should out in maybe 12 hours or so ...

2. renton

renton Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2008
    freelance design
    california
    well hope its out this weekend... as well as a few other updates. got nothing to do!

3. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009
    Developer
    Hello People,
    Thanks again for showing such interest in the game, you guys are incredible. My late response is due to the fact I'm also moving to a new house, so please accept my apology:)
    Ill try to answer all the questions but first, I understand some of you has found Rasta Monkey in the iTunes search, and were wondering about that. Let me just say that Rasta Monkey is basically at the end of the approval process, and will be released somewhere around the middle of next week. Please be patient and I promise I will personally let you guys be the first to know when it comes out.
    Now for all the other questions people asked here (and I hope I didnt forget anything):

donkei, its never late to give suggestions, especially good ones, so please keep them coming! I think you are right and we should have more of these elements, so we will try to do that in the future.
    BTW, some of the elements we did use in the web versions, were removed after some forum members here warned us that apple will not approve them:)

Yes arono, we submitted the game world wide so you should be able to get it without any problem. Still, please let me know if you do encounter any problem since its the first game we submit to the store and we might be surprised.

Again, wonderful suggestions! we had a similar idea with a baby rasta which didnt make it to this version. Let us think a little about it, thx!

Hey Rentom, I see you know your roots and your culture:) These are all great musicians! We felt we wanted to create the music ourselves, and we recorded it all here in our offices, after which our good friend Nimrod Sarda, edited the sessions and created songs out of them. We were actually influenced by the old Studio One artists, and tried to replicate their naive feel with an old school "gamey" midi sound, I hope it works:)
    As to Twitter, I dont really use it but youre more than welcomed to become my friend on facebook, which I admit to use often. Just search for Noam Abta, or Yuval Markovich (My partner and co-founder of Nitako). In fact all of you people are invited to that:)

Hope I didnt forget anything or anybody, thanks again for being so supportive of the game, You got us really excited.

4. le'deuche123

le'deuche123 Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    Noam!!! It's good to hear from you. Glad to hear it's so close to coming out. This is going to be sweet.

5. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009
    Developer
    Sorry for that Mike:)

6. turakm

turakm Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2009
    Can you let us know the price yet??? :)

7. cazure

cazure Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2009
    Will you guys be sending promos out to review sites? I'm guessing that Rasta Monkey will be selling in the 5-dollar-ish range, and my balance isn't all that high. :D (Jobless teen, here!) I'd love to read some opinions, though of course I'll be looking at forum impressions, too. I can't wait to see how it works, and the web version looks good enough that I'll probably be going for it.

It's so nice that you're active here, and having multiple characters, signature items, etc sounds really cool. Hearing from devs is one of the things that makes the iDevices so unique.

I can really see Rasta Monkey shooting up to the top lists. Can't wait for the release! I had been wondering about the iTunes search thing, but it's happened before...like with Topple 2, which apparently came out a few /days/ before its official release, and you could actually buy it ahead of time....weird.

8. inferi22

inferi22 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2009
    just thought I'd mention after comment I have a new reveiw site-check it out!

9. Coral

Coral Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2008
    I hope this makes it out soon. Thanks again to Noam for keeping us informed.

10. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009
    Developer
    Sorry, but you will have to wait a little bit longer:) Anyways there will be a very nice intro price I think you could all afford all so stay tuned...

weird indeed, but don't worry, it will be out soon. Thanks for all the kind words, and yes, we will send promo codes to review sites, so you will be able to get a lot more info before investing in this game (hopefully:)

You're welcomed, and thank you for being so supportive, I'm really happy all this conversation is going on here, Its really inspiring to talk to you guys.

11. turakm

turakm Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2009
    This pumps me up