New ranking algorithm on the App Store?

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by fairlady, Feb 3, 2010.

1. iPhoneGlobs

iPhoneGlobs Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2009
    Software Developer
    A fellow dev suggested it curious the "glitch" lasted 3 days. Just enough time for the 3-Day average to kick in for the apps that got a boost. This may have been a way for apple to control what apps are on the lists. Seems reasonable I guess and perfectly within apples rights. I mean we wouldn't want an app like Hand Heater to get to the top of the... oh wait never-mind. Its my personal belief that once they saw Doodle Army on the top 25 they knew they needed to take action immediately. LOL! I think Mel Gibson would agree on this conspiracy theory. :)

2. Revolutionary Concepts

Revolutionary Concepts Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2009
    Hmm stranger and stranger - though nothing would surprise me. (Still steaming about the inability to highlight Updates, which means every one has one shot only at making a dent in the charts).

Has anyone seen any been able to see any such pattern in apps other than games? One of our utilities 'Picture Safe' (released under our commercial label 'Collect3') has been Top 20 US Utility for just on 12 months - but no such unaccountable rise through the ranks in the past week.

Just curious if there is something weird going on, then how widespread it is.

Thanks.

Revolutionary Concepts
    Collect3