iPad New Puzzle Game - WallZ

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by GamerOutfit, Oct 28, 2008.

1. GamerOutfit

GamerOutfit Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2008
    #1 GamerOutfit, Oct 28, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2010
    Hi everyone,

I am the designer, developer, and one person show for the game titled 'WallZ'. I wrote the game to be simple, but addictive in that you have to think and use strategy to score higher and progress through the game. It's priced to sell at $0.99 USD at [app]WallZ[/app].

In the game you click on wall pieces that are connected to other pieces of the same color. All pieces of the same color then disappear and the wall collapses. You clear the missions by removing all wall pieces. As you clear missions more wall types appear and the wall itself becomes larger (wide.)

Strategy comes into play in that you get more points for clearing more wall pieces in a single click. There are also special wall pieces such as dynamite that can be clicked on to blow up a small section of the wall or can be combined with other dynamite pieces to blow up a huge section of wall (for even more points.)

See my last post for information about what has been added in 1.3.

Features summary:
    • Horizontal movement and more play area in version 1.3
    • Over 20 levels in version 1.1
    • Personal and Global leaderboards
    • 10 Awards and 1000 Points to earn through award unlocks
    • Facebook and Twitter integration via the Agon system
    • Multiple challenges other than "basic" colored wall pieces
    • Hidden elements throughout the game
    • Tilt your iPod Touch or iPhone to to scroll the game screen

Screenshots:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

About Gamer Outfit:
    I used to work in the industry for a coin-op touchscreen game company and the iPhone gives me a perfect place to use the skills once again. Touch screen games require a very unique approach to the controls and I look forward to bringing new content to the platform. I've started small with WallZ and hope to bring out some more aggressive titles in the future.

I'm open to feedback on the game of course and any suggestions to future versions of it. The forums on my website are a great place for such feedback or you can of course leave me a note here. :)

Thanks for your support,
    Todd

2. GamerOutfit

Oct 28, 2008
    I released a Lite version (Free) of the game last week and it's up now called WallZ Lite. Check it out for a demo of the complete $0.99 game. The Lite version is limited to 3 levels.

Thanks!

3. GatorDeb

GatorDeb Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2009
    Las Vegas, NV, USA
    Same thing as Collapse. Sorry I'll have to pass :(

4. Tennisking1o1

Tennisking1o1 Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2008
  5. DanM

DanM Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2008
    England
    #5 DanM, Feb 18, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2009
    I'm checking it out too!

EDIT: Played it nut it's not really my thing, I like how it is done though. Good luck with sales!

6. Alichan

Alichan Guest

I bought it ages ago when it was released, but only to see later that dreaded '2nd Gen iPod only' in the small print. My fault I guess, but can't help feeling a bit peeved about it still. Don't see any reason why games have to be so Generation specific. Completely useless to me, and seems to still be so. So, no idea if it's good or not unfortunately...any chance of you sorting that out Todd?

7. GamerOutfit

Oct 28, 2008
    I wish I could help on that Alichan, unfortunately I have no way of knowing who bought what. Apple doesn't release that information to developers; therefore, Apple has to be the one to "fix" it. They are generation specific to support certain features of the SDK. I do know that if you ever get a Gen2+ iPod or iPhone you will be able to play it then. Maybe sometime in the future for you.

8. Alichan

Alichan Guest

....fair enough. I'll just file the whole purchase away under the heading 'life sometimes sucks' then:(

9. LordCrom

LordCrom Well-Known Member

I am going to download the lite version now. I like the look of the game.

10. yourofl10

yourofl10 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008

looks.......... very intriging...........

11. #11 Mindfield, Mar 13, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2009
    Looks ... like SameGame. But a nicely-designed one.

12. GamerOutfit

Oct 28, 2008
    [​IMG]

I made some major updates to WallZ now that I have several games under my belt on the App Store (War3100, Zenflation, etc) and have introduced the following into 1.3 of [app]WallZ[/app] for all of my loyal customers. :)

- The game now scrolls horizontally!
    - The camera has been pulled back so you can see more of the playfield
    - Complete integration with Agon to support global leaderboards, profiles, twitter, and facebook support
    - 10 awards to unlock worth 1000 player points through Agon
    - Revised graphics

I hope you enjoy the big update. My friends and their kids have loved playing the game and I wanted to give something back to those of you that have supported my efforts so far. Thank you!

13. adot777

adot777 Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2009
    looks interesting, good luck with sales!!!

14. PhagoCychotic

PhagoCychotic Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    I'll give it a try!

15. GamerOutfit

Oct 28, 2008
    Thanks for the support guys. :)