iPad New puzzle game... Open for Suggestions(POLL)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by anduril_ukr, Feb 18, 2009.

?

What should the name of the game be? (won't necessarily determine the final product)

Poll closed Feb 24, 2009.
  1. Pathz

2 vote(s)
    18.2%
  2. Vertex

6 vote(s)
    54.5%
  3. Zinuon

2 vote(s)
    18.2%
  4. Bridges/iBridges/Bridgez

1 vote(s)
    9.1%
  1. anduril_ukr

anduril_ukr Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Student
    New Jersey
    #1 anduril_ukr, Feb 18, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2009
    UPDATE: THIS THREAD WILL SOON CLOSE. A FRESH THREAD ABOUT THIS GAME, WITH THE UPDATED DESCRIPTION AND REVISED GAMEPLAY IDEAS WILL BE IN THE DEV. SECTION. FEEDBACK WILL BE MUCH APPRECIATED IN THAT THREAD. IT IS CALLED, "Developing Puzzle Game . . . Open for suggestions" THANK YOU.

2. pablo19

pablo19 Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2008
    I'm not really getting how this game plays. Is it similar to any other game or is it completely new and original??

3. nickels

nickels Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2008
    Web Developer / Designer
    PA, USA
    As long as you don't have to match three of something I'm sure people will be interested. Hard to tell from the description though. Really, who knows until you try it. What is there to lose but some time and money, call it a learning experience if it fails.

4. anduril_ukr

Feb 4, 2009
    Student
    New Jersey
    The reason I am worried about the appeal is because it is based on a math concept. However, I believe it will still be very fun. It is based on Eulerian paths, which are networks where you can travel across every edge (side) once without every going on an edge twice. You can google eulerian paths if you want. It is kind of hard to explain:).

5. pablo19

Oct 26, 2008
    I'm assuming you will add a tutorial then, I agree with the poster who said to try it and if it doesn't go as expected take it as a learning experience

6. DHrox

DHrox Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2009
    College Student
    Baltimore, MD
    As a highschooler I was completely lost by this concept. But it seems really cool.

7. Bhizzle

Bhizzle Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2009
    I say go for it. sounds good.

8. anduril_ukr

Feb 4, 2009
    Student
    New Jersey
    Yes, I will add a tutorial. It sounds confusing at first, but once you get it will be easier. The puzzles won't be extremely difficult, but perhaps somewhat daunting, as it is completely open ended on where to start/how to traverse and many will have multiple solutions.

Thanks for the feedback everyone!

9. anduril_ukr

Feb 4, 2009
    Student
    New Jersey
    BTW, Our first version will likely be very simple and quick. However, we may add twists to newer versions that will add a lot of fun to the game. We will then likely raise the price to $1.99. Any suggestions for what to add to this game (you can look eulerian paths)? If you have further questions about concept of the game, please ask.

10. pablo19

Oct 26, 2008
    is there an online type version of this game we can try? try to get good graphics! Matching colors and such, not some ugly thing.

11. flamesmaster

flamesmaster Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2009
    #11 flamesmaster, Feb 18, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2009
    I'd buy it send me a beta :D Sounds like a good idea. (Joke)

12. DHrox

DHrox Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2009
    College Student
    Baltimore, MD
    Don't ask for a beta key. Just so you know, arn and Company can ban you for that.:eek::cool:

13. Zyphon

Zyphon Active Member

Feb 10, 2009
  14. anduril_ukr

Feb 4, 2009
    Student
    New Jersey
    Yes, except without the folding paper part. The first version will pretty much be just that (varying difficulty and size of course). We will add twists to the original concept later on. BTW, we are not even near having a beta. This is in its developmental and conceptual stages, nothing even coded yet. But I will be glad to let some TA people beta for me once its ready (may take a while).

15. anduril_ukr

Feb 4, 2009
    Student
    New Jersey
    As the game evolves, it will not be at all like anything on the internet. However, you can have a good test of the first version by just looking up eularian paths on google images. If its a eularian path, then its a puzzle ready to be solved.

16. Tennisking1o1

Tennisking1o1 Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2008
    Is this similar (I know it's not really but similar concept?) to the idea where you have to draw a box with an x inside of it and a roof on the top without doubling on any lines?

17. Spartan12103

Spartan12103 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    USA
    Hey try it out! Even if it doesn't work out perfectly, it'll be a learning experience!

18. ConniptionMike

ConniptionMike Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2009
    COO, Producer - Conniption Entertainment
    San Diego
    IF executed well, I think this could be a fun puzzle game. You might want to use Fleury's algorithm to generate Eulerian Paths on the fly - that would be pretty sweet and allow for maximum re-playability.

19. ConniptionMike

ConniptionMike Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2009
    COO, Producer - Conniption Entertainment
    San Diego
    ALSO, on a more personal level, the only way I got to where I am now (I think Conniption is the 4th or 5th start up company I'm apart of), is by DOING what everybody always talks about: "it would be nice to someday...", "in the future..." ... no way man... you see an opportunity go for it!!! ... that's what I say :)

20. anduril_ukr

Feb 4, 2009
    Student
    New Jersey
    Actually, that is a perfect example of the types of puzzles you will find on this game (the game will, over a long course of time, become more complicated). So if you like that kind of thing, you will like this, if not, well, then this game is not for you.