iPad New puzzle game from the creators of TanZen!

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Little White Bear Studios, Feb 26, 2009.

1. Little White Bear Studios

Little White Bear Studios Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2008
    #1 Little White Bear Studios, Feb 26, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2009
    Hey all you TanZen fans! Find your Zen again, with Zentomino! Like its sister game, TanZen, Zentomino takes you on an ever expanding journey of peaceful challenges. This time around, explore the world of pentominoes, where you must recreate a shape by using up to twelve differently shaped puzzle pieces. Like TanZen, you'll be given a wide variety of puzzles, which will grow considerably over time.

If you loved TanZen, you'll feel right at home with this new twist on a classic game from Little White Bear Studios! Zentomino is currently being reviewed by Apple, so look for it soon on the App Store!

2. Zincous

Zincous Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    oo looks awesome. Like a tetris mixed with tanzen.

Looks harder than tanzen too. :)

3. Donburns99

Donburns99 Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    ColdFusion Web Developer
    Rhode Island
    Oh, that just looks amazing.

I agree, looks like a Tetris Tanzen combination.

4. D.Sync

D.Sync Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2008
    University Student
    Malaysia
    Should be called Tanztries then.

5. spmwinkel

spmwinkel Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2008
    The Netherlands
    Yes it does look awesome, and it looks like there will be a lot of puzzles again! At least 9 * 8 = 72, and since there are more screens it could even be 144, 216, 288 (or any other number, lol).

Any word on the exact amount of levels? (Not that it matters much if it's more than 100)
    What about the price?

(If it's $0,99 like TanZen I'll get it immediately, TanZen has an incredible value for $0,99. Last Sunday I had to set up my iPod as new and I lost my progress on all my games. I look forward to starting over and finishing it for the second time. :))

6. PointOfLight

PointOfLight Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Hey, it's Daedalian Opus for the new millennium (kudos to anyone who knows what I'm talking about without looking it up on the internet). I might just have to check this out once it's released.

7. Little White Bear Studios

Aug 27, 2008
    There will be 144 levels to start! And the list will grow, just like TanZen. TanZen currently has about 4x the number of puzzles it started with, so you should expect the same sort of update frequency on this game.

Zentomino will be $1.99. TanZen was $2.99 for the first couple months, before eventually going down to $0.99. So we're going with a happy medium here. :)

Well I hope you enjoy it even more the second time around! :)

8. Little White Bear Studios

Aug 27, 2008

Thanks guys! Pentomino shapes do indeed look similar to Tetris pieces, but the game is played in an entirely different way. I think it is a bit harder than TanZen at times. But there are a variety of difficulty levels in the puzzles, so there should be a pretty good challenge for just about everyone.

9. spmwinkel

spmwinkel Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2008
    The Netherlands
    Thanks for your replies LWBS!

10. Little White Bear Studios

Aug 27, 2008
    No kudos for me! Had to look it up! Thanks for possibly checking it out!

11. Justom

Justom Well-Known Member

Wow! This is looking great! Can't wait to try it out :p

12. Little White Bear Studios

Aug 27, 2008
    Thanks, Justom!

13. GatorDeb

GatorDeb Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2009
    Las Vegas, NV, USA
    Count me in! Looks really hard!

Make it a buck for the first two days? :)

14. Little White Bear Studios

Aug 27, 2008
    Thanks for your support!

There probably won't be an initial sale though, as I've gotten negative feedback when returning to original price after a sale in the past. But you're going to get a ton of value out of the price, considering it's going to get updated with new puzzles just as much as TanZen has in the past. We're talking hundreds of puzzles here. :)

15. GatorDeb

GatorDeb Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2009
    Las Vegas, NV, USA
    BTW I'm a proud TanZen owner :D

Too bad you can't have discounts for purchasing multiple games from the same dev! I.e. an unlimited promo code that takes XX.XX off the price if your purchase history includes A, B, or C :)

16. Little White Bear Studios

Aug 27, 2008
    Fantastic!

That would be very cool!

17. Oliver

Oliver Well-Known Member

Hmm... I remember a similar game, a few months ago. Was colorful with bright pastel colors and you had to solve puzzles like in this game. But I lost the name :). Do some here remember the other game?

18. superbad

superbad Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2008
    CEO. Reviewer. Beta Tester.
    You need to stalk me?
  19. Phit try demo isn't really like Zentomino since it's trying to get all of them to a rectangle formation at the bottom.

Polyomino Puzzles try demo has only 30 puzzles remember this came out July 2008. Anyway fail.

Charada try demo seems to be the only competition for Zentomino with it's infinite levels as they're randomly generated. I believe it has a maximum of 8 shapes (not 12 like Zentomino) so it won't be quite as hard perhaps.

20. Little White Bear Studios

Aug 27, 2008
    Yeah, I noticed that game after Zentomino was already in development. I believe that game is using a few different shapes that aren't pentominoes, and has a very different set of gameplay goals than Zentomino has.