New pokemon like game for iOS coming, take a look in ZENFORMS: Protectors

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by jirayasama, Jan 3, 2012.

1. Rusothil

Rusothil Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2011
    Does that mean it won't work on the iPhone 5? I don't know how it works but it is a pixel art game which means it'll look good even at x2 resolution so I don't know what you're talking about.

Also it's not like he would have known what the iPhone 5 specs were, and on the verge of releasing the game he isn't going to hold off for another month to get iPhone 5 resolution support.

2. Bdzer

Bdzer Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2011
    No, it just means its not going to fill out the new iPhone 5's screen size. It'll sit in the middle, similar to the iPad.

3. tso5818

tso5818 Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2011
    iANiMeX's left ear
    Game looks awesome in everyone's YouTube vids. Everyone is enjoying it, besides the non fan boys of Pokemon style games.

4. dwx882

dwx882 Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2010
    I was beginning to think this day would never come. I've been following it since the beginning of this year, waiting for its release. This is easily an insta-buy for me tonight. Hope it lives up to all the hype :)

5. sir_racer05

sir_racer05 Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2012
    Kansas, USA
    When is going to be out in the us?

6. tso5818

Sep 13, 2011
    iANiMeX's left ear
    Midnight :)

7. MCPhatman

MCPhatman Member

May 17, 2012
    #747 MCPhatman, Sep 27, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2012
    Playing as a type this! It looks great!

Edit: Until I put on my outfit and it immediately cuts out...
    Edit2: Yep gamebreaking bug on Iphone 4s IOS 6...

8. lepeos

lepeos Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2010
    Same thing is happening to me on iPhone 5...

9. noel916

noel916 Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2012
    It's out!!!!

10. dwx882

dwx882 Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2010
    First Impressions

So far really liking the game. The initial storyline is very short, though Neo said he would be adding more in the future so I'll excuse this. At least you're still able to wander around, talk to people, battle zenforms, etc without the story. The characters have a lot of charm
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    FEEDBACK FOR NEO:

My biggest complaint is the character movement. Moving around the map seems jerky. This really takes me out of the game. The jerkiness is really evident when you're character is "running". I wish the movement was smoother, more fluid.

That being said I have 2 more small things that personally I'd like to see changed but these aren't as big of an issue.

1. Battle scenes a little more animated. If the zenforms were a bit more animated during battle (maybe a subtle up and down motion when waiting to attack/defend and having the zenforms 'jump' towards the zenform its attacking to show an attack on a specific enemy) I think it would look better and feel more polished.

2. The D-Pad moved up a little bit or the ability to position the D-Pad where you're comfortable with having it. Sometimes it feels a little uncomfortable with the down button being right against the edge of the screen.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

All in all, for a one-man-project this game has a lot of charm and polish for what it is. Is it perfect? No, but it's definitely a worthy monster-battle title that any fan should have. I'm really liking the look of Zenforms and all the small things that were added (even the leaves and clouds moving in battle scenes) and hope Neo will continue to refine and add to this to make it even better.

11. popblanks

popblanks Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2011
    I agree with everything the guy above me said. It's extremely short for now.. Not even 10 min of gameplay but I guess we'll wait until later updates. I don't like how the character sorta lags when he runs. And the d-pad is annoying. I'm used to sliding my finger to move down and then left, etc. I have to lift my finger everytime to move. I hope there's battle animation soon! But this is a one man team so this is still amazing. Congrats!

12. dwx882

dwx882 Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2010
    #752 dwx882, Sep 27, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2012
    Possible bug alert!!

Not sure what's going on but I captured a couple wild zenforms and I can't assign attacks. I went into 'view team', selected view attacks then went to a FREE SLOT and went to assign a new attack and it took my skill points but doesn't assign a new move. This worked with the default zenform I chose but not with the wild ones. I've tried this with both green Rinba and blue Slino. This kind of has me not wanting to go on because I've wasted hundreds of skill points and gotten nothing in return.

EDIT:
    Not sure if this is important but I have already evolved my default zenform from a Flino (I think that's what it was called) to a Flipin

13. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
  14. tso5818

Sep 13, 2011
    iANiMeX's left ear
    Freno

15. NeonVoidJP

NeonVoidJP Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2012
    I like the idea of the game but I was kinda anticipating more! There's just something missing and I can't just put my finger on it! I also think the gameplay is a little too slow, with the dialogue and menu transitions, the battle menu for attacks should also be there straight away without having to press a damned button everytime.

16. tso5818

Sep 13, 2011
    iANiMeX's left ear
    Try to get use to it. I didn't like the pressing menu button to press attack either, but it's alright now. I think it's kind of nifty.

17. NeonVoidJP

NeonVoidJP Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2012
    It just seems to take something away from it though, I don't like how slow it feels. But I don't want to be a full on complainer because I wouldn't even know where to start in creating a game! Lol. I do like the game but it could just do with a few tweaks and improvements :)

18. tso5818

Sep 13, 2011
    iANiMeX's left ear
    There is another thread on iPod and iPhone games, Neo tells everyone what he is fixing in the next version 1.01

Go to search and just type Zenforms :)
    That's more active than this thread now.