New pokemon like game for iOS coming, take a look in ZENFORMS: Protectors

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by jirayasama, Jan 3, 2012.

1. laxking97

laxking97 Well-Known Member

May 24, 2010
    Utah
    Looking forward to it!

2. LightningLoui

LightningLoui Active Member

Oct 27, 2011
    hopefully a release for tomorrow :D

3. diffusion8r

diffusion8r Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Termina
    While this looks awesome, please tell me something I read in a Pocketgamer article months ago has been sorted out and this game is retina-enabled? That should be a given with all new releases as playing games without it is like playing a game like Skyrim on a standard definition TV from 1996 - it's just wrong.

4. Neo-Dragon

Neo-Dragon Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2012
    Thanks everyone for the congrats messages. I'm glad you are all happy to see the game is submitted to Apple.

The game was submitted Sunday/Monday (Monday 5AM my local time). I'm expecting it to be in review for at least another week.
    I do have a planned release date within a timeframe, but if the review from Apple takes longer than planned, I'll just let it release when it releases.

I wrote a blog post detailing my last 2 months or so developing. Check it out here:
    http://neodragoncp.tumblr.com/

I said it is $1.99US / €1.59 / £1.19.
    If you haven't seen the trailer, be sure to check it out.
    The link is back a few pages/ in the blog post I just linked. I'll also ask the thread creator to add it to the opening post.

I've seen some questions, so I'll answer them for you all. If you have any questions just ask away.

Retina support
    No the game does not support retina displays. The game has a pixel style which I'd keep if I scaled it for Retina, so it wouldn't really look different. Font and UI elements would. I have no plans to scale it for an early update, but it will be something I'll look into.
    The game runs at 480 by 320 resolution.
    This question and about the game on an iPad: My main test device ironically was not an iPhone. It was an iPad, it was great looking on the device. I recently went to an Irish game developer meet up and showcased the game on my iPad. Everyone loved the art and it was one of the first things I got comments on. How good it looked.

How long will Apple take reviewing it
    I'm guessing between 8 days to 2 weeks. Could be longer thanks to the new iPhone and iOs version.

How many ZENFORMS in Version 1.0
    I count it as 24. But ZENFORMS are different than other games in the genre. Each ZENFORM between the evolution stages of stage 1 to stage 3 has 3 colorsets- or comes in 3 colors. Each one has it's own moveset. If this was Pokemon lets say- the count would be 24*3 = 72.
    More will be in the first update, I blocked some off for storyline reasons, and set a stat cap.
    Edit: see this link for more info and explaining this better: http://www.calisprojects.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=123

Remember - the game will be updates for free. Updates can be downloaded once you've purchased the game and will continue your adventure. No IAP or anything for storyline, ZENFORMS, or features!
    So while the storyline events in V1.0 might seem short, you can keep playing, grinding away growing your ZENFORMS, getting ready for the first big update which will add new gameplay systems, more ZENFORMS, more maps and areas, and continue the story!

Hopefully not long now!
    [​IMG]

5. No IAP's....thank god

6. MightyRabbitJosh

MightyRabbitJosh Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2011
    Programmer and Designer at Mighty Rabbit Studios
    Holly Springs, NC
    You should disable the gloss on your icon - we didn't realize we could do that and when we launched our icon looked dull compared to all the non-glossy icons. I believe the toggle for that is called 'Use Pre-rendered Icon'. It's easy to turn off in Xcode.

This may sound like a stupid suggestion, but a good icon makes all the difference on the store.

7. Neo-Dragon

Neo-Dragon Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2012
    It is disabled. When you submit it, the icon is rendered glossy until after review.
    Here is the game running on a friends device:
    [​IMG]
    Edit:Well not running.... lol.... But on his homescreen. To give it some context, I let him beta test and he posted this image on twitter a month or so ago.

8. deMorg.music

deMorg.music Member

Jul 11, 2010
    Composer
    long beach, CA
    Can't wait!

So glad to see you've submitted Zenforms! I can't wait to try the game. Day one purchase for me :)

Congrats on the amazing work!

9. nfong

nfong Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2011
    Thanks for all the info you just posted, Neo. Your blog was a great read.

10. pka4916

pka4916 Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2009
    Male
    Wisconsin
    Is this Universal? since you tested it on an Ipad as well?

11. LightningLoui

Oct 27, 2011
    :D lets hope that apple will give their approval sooooon

12. darth2499

darth2499 Member

Mar 6, 2011
    How about a support for iPhone 5 users?

13. trundley

trundley Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2010
    still waiting for review?

14. jtall

jtall Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2012
    North Carolina
    Can't wait! Insta-buy for me

15. MightyRabbitJosh

MightyRabbitJosh Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2011
    Programmer and Designer at Mighty Rabbit Studios
    Holly Springs, NC
    He's not supporting the 4's retina display and that's the same aspect ratio as the older devices - with that in mind it's probably a safe bet that you won't get 5 support.

16. Bdzer

Bdzer Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2011
    That sucks so hard.

17. tso5818

tso5818 Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2011
    iANiMeX's left ear
    Tomorrow could be the big day? It's been 7 days so far, tomorrow would be 8. Cross your fingers

18. DanieI212

DanieI212 Member

Sep 24, 2012
    I'm crossing them alright, lol :) hoping and waiting

19. LightningLoui

Oct 27, 2011
    Would be awesome if they would approve it.
    Can we download it then right away? or do we need to wait until thursday

20. NeonVoidJP

NeonVoidJP Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2012
    Usually it is Thursday when the weeks approvals hit the store but there are some exceptions occasionally! Hopefully this will be one!!