iPad New Pinch 'n Pop! Update (Online High Scores)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ChaoticBox, Feb 18, 2009.

1. ChaoticBox

ChaoticBox Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2008
    Male
    Developer
    Toronto Canada
    I'm happy to announce that Pinch 'n Pop! version 1.3 is now on the App Store. This update adds oft-requested global/online high score rankings, so please send in those scores!

AppShopper Link
    App Store Link

Here's a gameplay vid & screenshot for the uninitiated:

[​IMG]

Cheers!

2. Donburns99

Donburns99 Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    ColdFusion Web Developer
    Rhode Island
    Girlfriend adores this game.

I like it, but the constant pinching motion gets tiring around the time the green guys come into play.

Solid game all-in-all. ^ ^

3. ConniptionMike

ConniptionMike Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2009
    COO, Producer - Conniption Entertainment
    San Diego
    Thanks for the update Frank, I have the app and will check out the update for surzzle... Ever think of maybe making monkey heads you could pop together? Or Porky Pines? Or Dinosaurs? Or... never mind.

4. ChaoticBox

Oct 8, 2008
    Male
    Developer
    Toronto Canada
    Thought about doing lots of stuff actually, but I just can't afford it with the current sales numbers - this update was pro bono ;)

I still feel that Pinch 'n Pop! is misunderstood and under-appreciated, but what's a dev to do :confused: So, I'm turning all my attention to my next project - a decidedly less experimental arcade game with no pinching whatsoever.

5. Tennisking1o1

Tennisking1o1 Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2008
    It's a real shame this game hasn't gotten the recognition it deserves...:(

6. ChaoticBox

Oct 8, 2008
    Male
    Developer
    Toronto Canada
    Don't get me wrong, I'm satisfied with the sales overall but it doesn't make much business sense to keep pouring resources into an app that's no longer self-sustaining.

That doesn't mean this is the last update - I have a growing library of shared code modules that are receiving some major upgrades as I work on my next game, and I've already fixed a potential memory trashing bug in one of those modules so I'll be sending another Pinch 'n Pop! patch into Apple this weekend. Another patch should follow in a couple weeks that replaces the brute-force audio code with a new audio engine I recently completed. In short; I'm still supporting the app, and patches will be released as needed, but some of the bigger things I had planned have been put on hold for now.