iPad New NFS:Undercover Screenshots!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by dannys95, Feb 5, 2009.

1. dannys95

dannys95 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2008
    Earth
    #1 dannys95, Feb 5, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2009
  2. Phi6

Phi6 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    It looks totally different.
    I hope they update the mini track map and lap indicator as it currently looks very unprofessional.

I am guessing they are changing a lot of the game, hopefully adding accelerate/braking pads

3. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

OMG!
    THIS LOOKS SO AWSOME!
    I hope they release it soon! :)
    I can't beleeve that's on an iPod T./iPhone

4. HardcoreEricXXX

HardcoreEricXXX Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Virginia
    #4 HardcoreEricXXX, Feb 5, 2009
    That looks down right amazing

EDIT. You should put the old screenshots up for comparison

5. Palfince

Palfince Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2008
    England
    Those graphics look amazing and crisp. I'm so glad they decided to redo the game and make it better, just the graphics on their own seem to make up for the possible $19.99 price tag. Although I hope there will be lots of tracks and cars to match the graphics.

6. Khayman

Khayman Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2008
    i have a relative hwo work at Starbreeze and he talket with EA about this game. he said that i is going to be a 600mb download when you buy the game from itunes later when it arrives.
    Just a rumour.
    Sorry for bad spelling, im from Sweden.

7. ibelongintheforums

ibelongintheforums Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    #7 ibelongintheforums, Feb 5, 2009
  8. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

Well i hope so :)

9. wildmatt

wildmatt Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2009
    Well they said March...

10. VoodooVyper

VoodooVyper Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2009
    Is it just me, or does that first screen shot look ridiculous? I wouldn't put it past EA for adding way more flash in the graphics than necessary just to show off their game.

But come on, does the car really need that airwave thing in the front of it when moving fast? Looks retarded IMO. I know it adds to the sense speed, but we don't see those things when going 100 on a highway. We're driving a car, not a jet.

11. yeah, that is pretty ridic

SONIC BOOM !

12. illucius

illucius Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2008
    I think that's just an effect during either drifting or nitro. It looks emphasized when you take a picture of it, but when you play it, the "sonic boom" effect will probably only last a split second and you wont even notice.

13. stranger

stranger Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2009
    Graphic Designer
    Sofia, Bulgaria
    #13 stranger, Feb 5, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2009
  14. Auhron

Auhron Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    Editor
    Berlin
    Looks great, hopefully the gameplay will be up with the graphics

15. spiffyone

spiffyone Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2008
    Eh...it looks good, don't get me wrong...but it doesn't look all that much better than Fast and the Furious Pink Slip 3D on the same device:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Not trolling NFS: Undercover or anything. I'm looking forward to it as much as anyone else here. I'm just saying that while the screens look really good and, yes, better than Pink Slip, they don't look that much better to really justify a $19.99 price point for a game on this platform. And it's not that this platform isn't capable of fully featured larger budget games (it is, and we all know it), but rather the budget for these games don't have the sorts of costs that occur on PSP or even DS (no ordering of UMDs or cards from the manufacturer, for one). That's the reason Sega and Vivendi set the ceiling early on at $9.99. $19.99 now, for iTouch/Phone games? Too late. The market has been pretty much set.

16. dk206

dk206 Active Member

Dec 15, 2008
    View the screenshot in landscape mode! Impressive

Wow guys see this webpage on you iphige/touch
    And tilt for landscape and then get one of the screenshoys to fill your device screen.
    Pretty impressive huh? And it's real game footage screen shot too right?

Awesome. EA can tale their time.
    This will definitely give us a say in comparing with the psp gfx

17. nizy

nizy Well-Known Member

The graphics in Pink Slip suck. The backgrounds are poor and the cars are absolutely terrible. No comparison there at all! Would be interesting to compare with Fastlane though:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thanks for that, looks much better now.

18. spiffyone

spiffyone Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2008
    OPINIONS!

Seriously, though...I disagree totally. Is it pushing the polys that Fastlane is? No. But Pink Slip does have reflective surfaces, better quality textures (look at the dithering apparent in the Fastlane screen you posted), and more lighting effects than Fastlane (Fastlane does have the better shadowing, however), plus has a much better draw distance (have you seen the amount of pop up in Fastlane?).

And besides, NFS is probably more comparable as a racing game to something like Pink Slip ("extreme" street racing) than it is a "technical" racer like Fastlane.

19. ex86

ex86 Active Member

Jan 23, 2009
    Portland, OR
    it might be a little irrelevant to what you guys are talking about, but what is a pop up? I haven't noticed anything unusual in fastlane, so what visual effect would that be?

20. CraigLaw

CraigLaw Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2008
    Content & Community Manager, EA Mobile
    Los Angeles, CA

Just wanted to let you know that the screenshots are straight off the device. Absolutely no Photoshop or 'flash' was used to enhance the images.

In regards to 'rumors' of $19.99 apps, that's all they are RUMORS. Here's the source from Pocketgamer. Notice the first word in the title :)

If anything evolves out of this, I'll let you know. But personally, here's why that sounds silly. There are already apps that cost more in the App Store. There's only 1 thing stopping game pubs for charging $20 right now for their games and thats the fact that people will most likely not spend that amount.

Enjoy the screens, I'll be uploading more to my Flickr as I get em.

C