New nano won't play video?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by hirdsaw, Sep 1, 2010.

1. super6ft7

super6ft7 Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2008
    yeah, I know lots of people who watched video's on their nano's, never movie's but half hour episodes so it's not unbearable. This is basically a new product

2. coolestk!d

coolestk!d Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2009
    School...
    Around
    The widescreen and sleek design made the nano unique, and some casual video recording and viewing is why people bought it... If they wanted touch they would get a iPod Touch. Apple loves going backwards... or at least missing the point, but they will do anything to make a device smaller.

3. d1

d1 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2009
    I'm just wondering how people will scroll through their music on that screen..Lol

4. jeffyg3

jeffyg3 Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2010
    I love the new Nano design and always hated the shuffle due to a lack of easy song pickings from the screen, but wanted something that small. The new Nano fits what I wanted...small like the shuffle and can pick what song, genre, etc I want and the screen size is enough to scroll through what I want...never wanted or remotely cared for the old Nanos, but the new Nano is like the Shuffle I always wanted :)...can't wait to get mine.

5. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    I'm glad they reverted the shuffle back to the 2nd gen design. The buttonless one was major fail, especially since it required the apple buds to function and most like myself who own shuffles, use them for working out/running and the buds never stay in your ears once you get a good pace going.

Referring to the new nano design, this is one of the main reasons why I like Apple, they are willing to take risks. Maybe most people won't like it, maybe they will, or maybe this is just a prototype experiment with small touchscreens gone wild and let's see what kind of data we can get back from consumers. Only they know their real motive, but I do know one thing about Apple is they do listen to their core customer base. If this small nano is a total flop, trust me you'll see a major redesign/update very soon. I can almost guarantee it's probably in the works atm.

Plus seriously, look at it! It really is a fricking true iPod nano now, I mean like shrunk in the wash 4 icon slick touch 30 pin connector! Hahaha it's funny to look at. You have a true product lineup now, shuffle - no screen/straight audio, iPod nano - super small ipod touchscreen, iPod - the works/apps/video/hdrecording/games ect. It kinda all makes sense.

6. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    I just wished the Nano had a much bigger HDD. I mean obviously I go with the iPod touch, but I would get one of these Nanos for working out if it had a larger HDD.

7. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    What's it at 8g? My shuffle only has 2g and it works fine for the purpose. Unless you're running cross country - literally.

Ok one gripe I do have, enough with the easter egg colors Apple, honestly - give us a cleaner palette for god sakes.

8. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    #28 Booch138, Sep 2, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2010
    Well I had a 32g iPod touch, and even that was incredibly small for me. Call me crazy, but I feel the need to have to have as much of my music with me as possible. I am a very musical person, and my mood for music changes constantly. So one minute I'll be listening to In Flames, next thing I'm listening to Kate Nash, then some Slayer, then some Tiger Army, then some NWA... you get the point. I am just one of those kind of people. the 64gig iPod touch might be decent for me... but I have like 204gigs worth of music on my laptop... so yeah.

I just don't like to have my iPod touch with me when i'm working out... I like to keep it as pristine as possible (I am very OCD about it) if I had something slightly less significant like a nano, I wouldn't mind it having dirty sweaty smudge prints on it. And if it had a bigger HDD, I wouldnt have to worry about changing out the songs on a constant basis, and I sync my iDevices to my laptop sparingly. It would still bother me, just not as much as if my iPod touch was dirty... it's an endless fight keeping that thing clean. lol

Don't question my logic, I am truly crazy lol.