New nano won't play video?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by hirdsaw, Sep 1, 2010.

1. hirdsaw

hirdsaw Member

Nov 10, 2008
    Student
    Hartland, WI
    I was checkin out he stats on battery life for the new ipod nanos, and it looks to me as if they have removed its ability to play movies and TV shows.

http://www.apple.com/ipod/compare-ipod-models/

check where it says battery life, and it doesn't have a video battery life listed for the nano. It does for the classic and itouch, but not for the nano. :mad:

2. justlegos

justlegos Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2010
    Student/Cart Pusher
    Iowa
    yup, thats what I heard, I'd much rather be able to watch videos than have a touch screen... the new nano should be the new shuffle if you ask me...

3. wootbean

wootbean Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    I don't like the new nano at all..that should've been the shuffle, it's hardly any bigger. nano should have retained its click wheel D:

who's gettin' an iClassic >:)

4. yourofl10

yourofl10 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    #4 yourofl10, Sep 1, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2016
    [removed]

5. wootbean

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    then again I might get one for running or working out..heavy iPhone banging in pocket is :(

6. Electric_Shaman

Electric_Shaman Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2009
    I don't know, the new nano seems like a typical apple move to me. Because it's a re-birth of the product, a new design, a new interface, they think they can strip back the features then add them again one by one in yearly-ish updates.

Because lets face it, people are still going to buy it. And then when they release one that can play games, and update again with video, people will buy those too, or upgrade. If they offered everything from day 1, how would they make enough money? =.=
    Stupid Apple logic

7. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    I think the new design looks great. I mean for video you aren't that far off from from the lowend new iPod Touch, price wise. Plus were people really watching video on that tiny screen of the nano anyway?

8. MasterChief3624

MasterChief3624 Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    Hey.. a movie-watching urge is a movie-watching urge. Some people can't help it :eek:

9. Foozelz

Foozelz Well-Known Member

Why in the world would you want to watch a movie or TV show on a small screen like that?

10. MasterChief3624

Oct 11, 2009
    A movie-watching urge is a movie-watching urge, hoe. :p

11. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Wait, what? That's the new nano? It looks like those little digital picture frames that you attach to your keys. No, that's awful, a single finger covers like half the screen.

12. MasterChief3624

Oct 11, 2009
    I think it looks pretty cute, especially because it looks like an itty bitty baby iPad.

As for practicality... I do agree that it doesn't seem the most practical. But maybe I just have to play with one in person to see if it would be worth getting.

13. Noman

Noman Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2009
    I agree that I can't pass judgement until I've used one. That said I think my finger is going to cover most of the screen and the loss of features isn't worth it for me.

14. kijib

kijib Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2009
    Incredibly successful Brain Surgeoune
    Pokemon World
    no
    do you really want to look at such a small screen?

15. wootbean

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    honestly when I first saw it looked like a really fake picture someone quickly put together

16. 5jusername

5jusername Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2009
    School...
    Somewhere In The Universe
    Maybe if the screen was a little bit bigger....

17. sid187

sid187 Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2009
    #17 sid187, Sep 2, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2010

i agree with you 110%.. sad thing is fanboys will say its so great, and next year it will even be better. laughs. im just glad we are not starting a remake of the touch yet.. this gen 4 touch will last me for several years to come. if im still alive ill probably update in 4 years. unless next years comes with gps!. :) or internet like the ipad.. thats only way i would even update in the next 4 years. i think anyhow.

chris.

18. Kiwii

Kiwii Well-Known Member

May 18, 2009
    Guys. I believe apple made this terrible decision on purpose and I do think this new nano should be the new shuffle.

I think apple made this new nano so next year they can easily just make a decision of making a brand new nano that is rectangular and 100% touch screen. So like a click wheel nano but the whole front would be a touch screen. Maybe a touch click wheel on the bottom half when in the music app because people love them click wheels. Doing this will cause people who bought this new nano have to upgrade the the next generation which equals more money for apple.

Another example would be that I think apple didn't add a camera to the ipad so that next year they can add that in and increase performance to make people who bought the ipad have to upgrade to a new one.

Apple does this to make people who bought these have to upgrade to newer versions.
    Unlike the ipod touch 2g and 3g, they are pretty similar and doesn't really make you want to upgrade.

19. Kowodo

Kowodo New Member

Aug 31, 2010
    i find lack of video disturbing

20. madmud101

madmud101 Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    All of you are saying this should have been the new shuffle, but seriously, that would have cost a fortune and I like how Apple have gone for the cheap old look of the current one.

However, I feel Apple have missed out on their market with the new Nano. What? It's a running device with a clip. No, that's not what previous Nano owners bought the device for. They wanted a large-enough device that could store a lot of music, video and shows so they can watch it on the go. They also needed it to be cheap(er than the iPod Touch).

I really hate Apple when they do these sorts of things. It's like their showing off saying: 'oooh, look what we can fit into this tiny tiny Nano with a touch screen'. Just becuase you can do it doesn't mean you should.