New Moderators

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and News' started by arn, Dec 15, 2008.

1. brewstermax

brewstermax Well-Known Member

Hey, arn. I'm beginning to think that we need new mods, again. The forums are getting crowded with new members, and the spam needs to stop. Would be appreciated if you would find a few more.

50HellsofPain likes this.
  2. arn

arn Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 19, 2008
    If you see spam, you can report it using the "report" button on each post.

I'll see about it

arn

3. brewstermax

I know, but there is only so much you can do, and 2 of the 3 mods that you got a while back don't get on much. Salsa does great, but even he/she can't be on 24/7. I would advise getting at least 3 more.

4. Everydaynormalguy

Everydaynormalguy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2008
    Student By Day, Masked Vigilante By Night
    Phoenix, AZ, USA
    Dude, seriously, quit it. Stop implying that you want to be a moderator, we get it already. You're almost as lame as that kid who blatantly shouted out that he wanted to be a mod. We only needed 2 mods to begin with. I don't know what spamming you're talking about; obviously you've never been to other major forums. I do, however, find it weird that once the other two got the job as mods, they stopped showing up. I love irony, I really do. Close thread...

5. #45 wastedyuthe, Jan 1, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2009
    Hey guys. Just wanted to put my two cents in. Ok you haven't seen many posts by me in the last week or so. But for one I was Ill over Xmas with a bug. Secondly, as regulars are aware I spent a LOT of time on here before Xmas day and night, and over the holiday I decided to pay a little attention to my family before I end up losing them. And thirdly, any reports users file for spam posts etc get emailed to me, so when I do read them I act on them. Over the holiday I have removed several posts and banned three spammers. So don't think us mods aren't doing enough just because you don't see us. I personally will be back in full force next week.

6. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
    Just like yuthe, I've been away for a week or so. I was way out in the country in Ohio with the most unreliable internet connection in the world. :rolleyes:

I would assume that two of the three mods missing would explain the extra spam.

7. brewstermax

I don't want to be a moderator. I just think that we need more of them.

8. BulletDev

BulletDev Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2008
    produce applications under "Bullet Development"
    Vancouver, BC
    I think you guys are doing a terrific job, and that we won't be needing any more mods for quite a while. Like arn said, everyone can help out by using the "Report" button.

9. brewstermax

Yes. I do report, but I think that it takes nearly instant action to solve this issue. But now that he do have all 3 back, it should improve.