New MMORPG

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by MikeR96, Sep 29, 2019.

1. MikeR96

MikeR96 New Member

Sep 29, 2019
    Male
    Hi, I’m new on the forum, any tips to spread a new mmorpg for IOS that we are making?

Slowz likes this.
  2. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Welcome to the forums, Mike. To get the word out on that kind of project, devs usually create a thread with enough detail to make it clear what your MMORPG is doing that is different/better/impressive. Show some passion for the project — in this forum you won’t get much attention unless you come across as caring deeply about the player experience (and not as much about monetization). Gameplay videos are important, and as soon as possible you should invite forum members to beta testing: if the game is good, you’ll create evangelists that way.

Once you get closer to release, you may want to think about advertising on the site.

Good luck!

3. Slowz

Slowz Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2018
    Male
    Please, do not make it full automatic, I hate all mmorpg's that are coming out, and in all the reviews ppl complain about the auto, and devs still continue making mmorpg automatic

Ringerill likes this.
  4. Ringerill

Ringerill Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2012
    What bothers me more is not the auto in itself but what it implies. Generally, Auto means that the gameplay is poor, quests are basic (like gather 20 leafs or kill 20 monsters) and grinding is necessary. The time you invest in the game loses its value when everything is automated.

I would be interested in hearing about your MMO though :)

5. Ziguart12

Ziguart12 New Member

Nov 2, 2019
    Male
    Working for own game
    Estonia Tallinn
    Game has to be interesting and unique , you have to implement new risky raw ideas in order for game to become popular , it might ruin game though but that's what makes game different.

6. Ringerill

Dec 13, 2012
    Well, I am not sure you "have to" implement new risky ideas. Yes it might be a plus if it is done well.
    But for my part, an MMORPG with the same mechanics as WoW or similar ones would be totally fine for me, as long as the crapy F2P mechanics are not present (timers, energy, premium currency, lootboxes, autoplay, etc.).
    Then, maybe at this time, not putting these F2P crap is considered a risky idea...

7. Ziguart12

Ziguart12 New Member

Nov 2, 2019
    Male
    Working for own game
    Estonia Tallinn
    If you want your game to explode into top you have to add something that will interest all others , when it comes to MMORPG it has to be completely diferent from current standart

8. Ringerill

Dec 13, 2012
    Thanks @Zigurat12 but you are repeating yourself for no obvious reason...
    Then again, I do not think that you have to make a totally new game with mindblowing mechanics that will revolutionise the genre. If you manage to do so, perfect and congratulations. But as making an MMORPG is already difficult enough, simply making a good game without F2P crap would already mindblowing for me. Can someone cite any good MMORPG without strange F2P mechanics and IAP? At one point, Order and Chaos Online 1 did a good job. It was simply but it was the first one on mobile that was that good.

But maybe let's not forget the main point of this thread? The Author asked for ways to actually promote the game.
    What I understand from it is that he is looking for ways to publicise the arrival of the new game in development. Am I right or I got it wrong and he asks for good idea for the game to be popular?

I have no real experience in publicising anything but why not going the classical way?
    Have a facebook and twitter page just to post some updates and links from time to time. Have a special website and if possible a forum so that people can interact and ask questions or discuss between themselves. It's a nice way to get opinions and advices/remarks too.
    Look for example at the way the MMORPG of Warhammer is doing it: https://forum.warhammerodyssey.com/

9. Ziguart12

Ziguart12 New Member

Nov 2, 2019
    Male
    Working for own game
    Estonia Tallinn
    Don't know what F2P mean but yeah all depends on your experience and depends on people around you because you never know what they will like or dislike , but yeah its true that people seeking game that has some standard and makes it faster and easer to play , well got to risk it that how it works , but you can find other tactic if you don't want to risk , but then you need to have another resources , a lot of developers or good graphics , something that players will choice for reason , well I just gave advice not sure if its fits here lol