New Membership Title

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and News' started by Kris Jones, Mar 26, 2009.

1. DaveMc99

DaveMc99 Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2009
    Seattle, WA USA
    One reason is you were the 2640th person to join. Today the 7674th person joined. :)

Another vote to remove the titles.

2. alsonic41

alsonic41 Active Member

Feb 22, 2009
    Yeah really although a developer title would be nice for devs

3. Stykman

Stykman Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2009
    Beta Tester, Student
    United States
    i think there should be more titles like neoseeker

they have like tons of title for different post counts

4. Christopher

Christopher Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2009
    #24 Christopher, Mar 28, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2009
    I second the notion for a "Developer" title. Since this title would need to be approved by a moderator, it would deter possible impostors posing as developers by necessitating verification of their identity. Also, a Developer title would encourage more developers to participate in the Touch Arcade forums once they are seen to garner respect here in the TA community.

5. Big Albie

Big Albie Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    Casual gamer/marketing dude
    San Francisco, California
    I for one think we just get rid of titles and post counts. But if people are so intent on titles, why not give them the option to create their own? It would be an extension of their signatures, but in lieu of an avatar, a personalized title would be allow people to further add some personality and even be fun.

6. le'deuche123

le'deuche123 Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    Can someone set mine back to zero??? I assume a lot of the post count chasers are TA's younger crowd.

7. anonymous

anonymous Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2009
    skater
    US
    we want new titles

thats right like developer or master member

8. Big Albie

Big Albie Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    Casual gamer/marketing dude
    San Francisco, California
    Not sure about "master member"...sorry, bad imagery due to hard living :p

In terms of people creating their own titles, I'm thinking along the lines of...

"Shooter Extraordinaire"
    "Puzzled Player"
    "Need a Life Gamer"

...where people can come up with their own title.

Who knows, it may get people off of wanting avatars, or maybe not :)

9. BulletDev

BulletDev Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2008
    produce applications under "Bullet Development"
    Vancouver, BC
    The only thing I would add to this list is a "Developer" title. I has started a thread about that a while back.

10. JakePrice

JakePrice Active Member

Mar 9, 2009
    England
    I also agree titles and post counts should be disabled. And also perhaps join dates as this again would be something people would use over each other. Even now I can feel my post will be seen as less valuable than others, with my low post count and recent join date. People are very judging on here at a time (it appears to me) that touch arcade is becoming more popular and more people are spamming. A post in this thread talks of people with a recent join date as being less important. Sorry.

11. CDubby94

CDubby94 Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2009
    Betty White
    I can tell you're really pushing for this and I agree with you. Even though I'm not a senior member, I still feel that I can contribute and I would NEVER resort to saying things that weren't meaningful simply to boost my "status". So what if I'm only a member? Can't I still contribute? I think post counts should be insignificant and done away with altogether. It opens the doors to spammers and people who have power binges.

I also think devs should have a developer title so that if they start a thread or post, everybody will recognize the dev as a credible source of information.

12. Ah, the days of hate mail when I was a Moderator! I wish I could say I missed that...

THIS, I like... a lot. I understand having a Mod tag, and I think having a Dev tag would also be good, but other than that I don't really see the need to label members solely based on their post count (or seniority, or whatever.) However, allowing "senior" members to make up their own label would be entertaining.