New Mac Minis Released. Time to Buy

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by arn, Mar 3, 2009.

1. Galaxius

Galaxius Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2008
    #21 Galaxius, Mar 7, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2009
    As someone said earlier, it is a MAJOR pain. You literally have to put a putty knife into the case and not crack it and apparently they made it even worse (according to a Gizmodo article saying that it's not meant to be dissected). Overall finally they update them, after a year+ :p

That and it voids your warranty if you do.

2. Lungkisser

Lungkisser Active Member

Feb 6, 2009
    U.S.A.
    Not trying to brag, but I've opened a few Mac Minis (once to put in RAM, once to take that RAM out and then a third time to put that removed RAM into a DIFFERENT Mini) ... it is not QUITE as big of a pain in the ass as say... something that is a BIG pain in the ass, but it's not as easy as putting RAM into a laptop, sure. Didn't use a putty knife, I used a pizza cutter... fit in pretty perfect, and if you were slow and steady, you could do it. Opening it is NOT the challenge... it's the TINY screws and trying to get them BACK in after taking them out. Good luck if you do.

All in all, I loved my Mini. I have a previous-previous generation 24" iMac (the last of teh white ones) ... the 7300 GT in it is feeling real old compared to that 9400M. I want one.