New kids game: Pentanimals! + Promo Codes

Discussion in 'Promo Codes and Contests' started by Little White Bear Studios, Aug 22, 2009.

1. Little White Bear Studios

Little White Bear Studios Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 27, 2008
    Hello everyone! We'd like to announce that our new kids game, Pentanimals has just gone live on the App Store. If you're a fan of one of our other games, Zentomino, this game should be pretty familiar. As Little White Bear Studios is run by my wife and I, and we have three children, we wanted to create a friendlier version of Zentomino for kids. Thus Pentanimals was born!

Pentanimals is a bright, fun, take on the pentomino puzzle game. Like its big brother, Pentanimals lets you choose from a wide array of puzzles to solve. The game provides a fun backdrop for children ages 5-9+ to learn how to solve these challenging puzzles. Puzzles vary from four pieces up to twelve, and a large amount of hints are always available, based on the age of the player.

Although we set out to create a kids game, we've found that older kids and adults are also enjoying the game. So don't be afraid to give it a try, even if you're just a kid at heart! :)

Note to current Zentomino owners:
    Pentanimals is heavily based on Zentomino, and shares many of the same puzzles. If you'd like to try Zentomino with a different atmosphere, you may enjoy Pentanimals. If you're just looking for new puzzles, we suggest just waiting for the next Zentomino update, which is currently in review.

Promo Codes!
    We're giving out five promo codes to the first five parents who respond with a funny story about their kid playing with their iPhone/touch. Let's hear them!

Enjoy!

2. MadMoney

MadMoney Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2009
    Once my kid drew a pic on sketches of me and my wife wrestlng we weren't really wrestlng :wink:

3. otggamer

otggamer Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009
    Massachusetts
    I'm not trying to get a code, my daughter is still to young (a little less than 2.5 yrs old) to use my iPod. ;-) I just wanted to say that the game looks great! Fantastic work.

4. Little White Bear Studios

Patreon Silver

Aug 27, 2008
    Har! Hilarious! There will be a code in your PM box in a few! :)

5. Little White Bear Studios

Patreon Silver

Aug 27, 2008
    Thank you, sir! :)

6. Shermy808

Shermy808 Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    USA
    You gotta start 'em young! My daughter is 18 months, and I use the iPhone to keep her preoccupied sometimes. Just don't let them hold the device!!! :)

Anyways, here's my story...

We usually play AniMatch by Lima Sky. She gets a kick out of the animal sounds. She's learned how to touch the squares, but doesn't quite get that removing her finger is what actually triggers the event. She touches a box and then stares at my like what the hell is going on here. Works for you!

Her 2nd favorite is Wheels on the Bus. They have a choice to record your own verses. One of the screens has a cat, so I managed to record her going "meow!" Everytime I play it back, it freaks her out!!

Looking forward to sharing some more apps with her as she gets older. All my pages are full, but I leave some real estate for her stuff. Just a little... :D

7. Little White Bear Studios

Patreon Silver

Aug 27, 2008
    She may be a wee bit young for Pentanimals, but we do encourage parents to play the game with their kids, so you're getting a code! Maybe she'll learn all the animals as you move them around the screen. :)

Code will be in your PM.

8. beardiegrrrl

beardiegrrrl Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2009
    My son (who's 9th birthday it is today!) uses my ipod until the battery indicator turns red.... then instead of telling me it needs charging.... tells me that "he" needs a break. He knows I'll recharge it for him, and amazingly.... JUST when it's nice and charged.... he's "done" with his break!

Ive actually got ALOT funnier stories.... but Im rather brain dead tonight... Ive got a severe sinus infection... and wouldnt know funny if it slapped me in the face ;):p:D

HUGS!

Sandi

9. otggamer

otggamer Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009
    Massachusetts
    That's easier said than done.
    She's gotten a hold of it a few times, and getting it back from her, you would have thought I was stealing her bear and blankie from her.

Definitely my daughter. ;)

10. Little White Bear Studios

Patreon Silver

Aug 27, 2008
    Excellent! I have an old extra iPhone for testing purposes, and my six and eight year olds use it all the time, almost as much as their DS's. :)

Code will be in your PM.

11. Shermy808

Shermy808 Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    USA
    Much Thanks! Maybe now I can get her to stop playing Gangstar!! Just kidding...

12. Indiania

Indiania Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2009
    My daughter loves the games that she is allowed to play on my iPhone. The last time I had to go to the doctor, I had to take her with me. They had to take some blood to do some blood work, so I gave her my phone to distract her. She became so engrossed in playing that she was oblivious to the needle and the blood. I couldn't even get her to leave when we were done. To the amusement of the nurses, my 4 year announces she doesn't want to lose her game and thought I was being mean for making her LEAVE the doctor's office!

13. Little White Bear Studios

Patreon Silver

Aug 27, 2008
    Well if you'd just stop stealing her bear and blankie so often, maybe she wouldn't be so defensive! :)

14. Little White Bear Studios

Patreon Silver

Aug 27, 2008
    Great stuff! Code in your PM in a few! :)

15. 4Twenty

4Twenty Active Member

May 22, 2009
    My six year old daughter droped my first iphone into a 5 gallon bucket of paint. It wasn't so funny at the time but I can laugh now.

16. Little White Bear Studios

Patreon Silver

Aug 27, 2008
    Hee! :D

17. beardiegrrrl

beardiegrrrl Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2009
    thank you so much!

We definitely WILL leave a review!

Sandi

18. Little White Bear Studios

Patreon Silver

Aug 27, 2008
    You always wanted a new iPhone color. She just gave you a cheap shortcut. :) Code in your PM soon.

19. Little White Bear Studios

Patreon Silver

Aug 27, 2008
    Thanks, Sandi! :)

20. Little White Bear Studios

Patreon Silver

Aug 27, 2008
    Guys, we've hit the code limit. I don't want to violate TA's new promo code contest rules, but I think I'll add four more codes tonight, since the thread isn't out of control. So we need four more funny stories! Let's hear them proud parents!