New iPod Touch (3g/Price drop)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Deleted, Dec 28, 2008.

1. Deleted

Deleted Active Member

Dec 22, 2008
    Beijing, CHina
    I am seriously considering purchasing an iPod touch 2nd generation, but I am not sure I should, because an update to the hardware might be apparant soon. Do any of you think that Macworld 2009 will introduce a new iPod touch/drop the price? Since that is a few days away, I'm not sure if I should wait or not. Suggestions?

Thanks,
    Deleted

2. Fazzy

Fazzy Well-Known Member

hello, they just released a firmware update 3 months ago, they need that to have some time in the spotlight...

3. Deleted

Deleted Active Member

Dec 22, 2008
    Beijing, CHina
    Yes, but last year they added on a 32 gig touch, so who knows what they could do this year? Apple reduced theprice of the iPhone by $200 in just 2 months. They are unpredictable at times.

4. McChikun

McChikun Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2008
    I don't expect them to drop the price of the iPod Touch at Macworld - after all, they just dropped the price by $100 back in September. Furthermore, as with Steve Jobs' opting out of appearing at Macworld this year, Apple has been leaning away from making big announcements there, stating that they have a bunch of their own conventions for making such announcements.

If any announcement were to be made, it would likely be the expansion of the memory for the iPod touch and/or iPhone. I wouldn't count on it though - I was considering waiting till Macworld to get a 64GB iPod Touch (I have a large music collection), but I asked the wise Cnet fellows on one of their live chats if one was likely to come, and they said no.

So yeah, I'd just get the iPod Touch 2nd generation now.

5. brewstermax

brewstermax Well-Known Member

Definately no 3G, and 99% of no price drop. So go ahead. If you want an iPod before September, now is as good a time as any.

6. dannys95

dannys95 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2008
    Earth
    Um... the touch just got updated to 2G. If you want wait until after MacWorld. The chance on price drop. Check BestBuy if you want a price drop. They had a 16 GB 2G Touch for $230 the other day.

7. Deleted

Deleted Active Member

Dec 22, 2008
    Beijing, CHina
    I didn't mean 3G service, I meant 3rd Generation.:eek: 16 GB for $230? Really?